Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Please note: Your post will need to be approved by a team member, between 9am-9pm ADST. Your post will not appear straight away.
  • Introduce yourself here - lived experience

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Mez28

Re: Introduce yourself here - lived experience

Tue May 19, 2020 5:27 pm

Hi Mitzy,
    Thank you for asking.
    Haven’t had a drink since Saturday and like you have always used alcohol.
    I was drinking between one and a half to two bottles of white wine over say a five hour period, late arvo into the evening. Not to get drunk, just relax I guess 🤷🏼‍♀️.
    Hubby doesn’t drink much due to his work but I think what got to him was me hiding it and we’d been through this cycle a couple of years ago.
    I do hope I can change my habits, and I will still have a vino with friends of special occasions and I’m sure being on here will help.
    And yes, I’m a bit scared to talk to a councillor but will hopefully chat online to someone first.
    Mez
    0 x
    Sushi Roll

Wed May 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Hello my name is Taylor.
    Alcohol has finally ruined my life I have lost all my friends and my relationship is questionable. I drink to the point i can’t remember and lie and fight with everyone. My friends have distanced themselves from me and my partner is struggling. I have been hiding the alcohol and lying about it letting friends down. I now have no choice but to cut down I’m scared of the process and I want to rewind time but that’s obviously impossible. I want to only drink when my partner dies which is rarely once or twice a month or if we go out for dinner. I know I can do this but it’s hard alone, hopefully there is someone who can relate to my story and we can help each other through this difficult time. :)
    0 x
    Strugglingmethaddict

Wed May 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi all this is Geoff ive been an ice addict for nearly two years now, i had previously used speed/ice about only 5 times through out my adult life but got trapped in a perpetual cycle of using/quitting then a week or so later start using again, i tell myself every time that im done for good and it can take weeks to even start recovery ing my energy if i even make it that far, for the most part my lawns/house and health fitness are behind in everyway, i had joined a gym pre covid-19 to try to focus on staying clean but cant do that atm and also no longer have a job, all this basically happened as i was cleaning toxic people out of my life and instead of building a new circle of friends i was consumed by my habbit instead, i dont feel comfortable discussing family so i feel completely alone thats why im here, i have a poitive outlook at changing things but would be nice to have people who understand to talk to.
    0 x
    SnowGlobe88

Thu May 21, 2020 10:44 am

Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the forums. I'm one of the moderators.

What you have described sounds challenging. It's great you have started trying new things because finding positive behaviors can help with managing urges. I'm happy you have joined the forums and I encourage you to connect with others on here for support. Have a look around the forums and reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    SnowGlobe88
    Strugglingmethaddict wrote:
    Wed May 20, 2020 8:18 pm
    Hi all this is Geoff ive been an ice addict for nearly two years now, i had previously used speed/ice about only 5 times through out my adult life but got trapped in a perpetual cycle of using/quitting then a week or so later start using again, i tell myself every time that im done for good and it can take weeks to even start recovery ing my energy if i even make it that far, for the most part my lawns/house and health fitness are behind in everyway, i had joined a gym pre covid-19 to try to focus on staying clean but cant do that atm and also no longer have a job, all this basically happened as i was cleaning toxic people out of my life and instead of building a new circle of friends i was consumed by my habbit instead, i dont feel comfortable discussing family so i feel completely alone thats why im here, i have a poitive outlook at changing things but would be nice to have people who understand to talk to.
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”