Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEST. Your posts will not appear straight away.
    Let's Talk! latest community topic: Motivation
  • How are you looking after yourself this weekend?

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Stopppies

How are you looking after yourself this weekend?

Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi All,

With the long weekend coming up, we are always interested in the ways people stay on track and look after themselves. What are some of things you do to look after yourself that could be useful for other people to hear about?

Be kind to yourself and take it easy out there!

Stopppies :)
    0 x
    Purplepossum

Re: How are you looking after yourself this weekend?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:31 pm

I can do this one day at a time one step at a time. I will take me while to resurface and feel balanced again but I will need to be patient.
    The hangover is pretty bad so Im very low in mood. I really cannot wait to go to bed and curl up. I am hoping that this one step at a time approach is going to work I have to start somewhere and this is where I will start. One step one breath and being in the moment.
    1 x
    Koala_85

Re: How are you looking after yourself this weekend?

Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:24 pm

Hi Purplepossum,

Sherpa09 here (one of the moderators on the forum). It sounds as though you've got the right idea with patience. Meditation and connecting with the breath can be a effective tool in reducing stress and anxiety and also a great discipline for lasting behavior change. Thanks for sharing your experience and look forward to your future posts :)

Sherpa09.
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”

Counselling Online acknowledges the traditional owners of the land upon which our health service is built, the Wurundjeri People, part of the Kulin Nation, and pays our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging.