Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Activities to do instead of drinking or using

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Lady Bug

Re: Activities to do instead of drinking or using

Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:57 am

Hi @Red dog

I notice you are new to the forums, so I would like to give you a big warm welcome :D
    Congrats on stopping drinking a week ago! Netflix sounds like a great idea to keep busy, there are so many things to watch.
    In terms of medication, that might be a question to ask your GP. Generally there are a few that can help suppress the pleasurable sensations of alcohol, but they differ for everybody.

Lady Bug
    1 x
    tacocat

Re: Activities to do instead of drinking or using

Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi @Red dog

We haven't heard from you in a while, so I thought I would post a message to see how you're going?
    I'll second the previous post about keeping busy with things like Netflix. I've been doing odd jobs around the house lately to keep my mind off things, which helps me feel like I did something useful with my day.

Hope you're well...
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”