Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. To post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEST. Your posts will not appear straight away.
  • Covert Narcissists and the ruthless trauma they eventually serve you

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Mojorising976

Covert Narcissists and the ruthless trauma they eventually serve you

Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:45 pm

A year or so ago I was unfortunate enough to learn the stunningly cold definition of a word I was familiar with but never really gave much thought to. The word was.. "narcissist." ..
    "Covert narcissist" to be exact..
    How come no one ever really took the time to explain this word to me!!?.. I could have saved myself a shitload of gut wrenching soul shattering "hurt!!"... not to mention total utter humiliation...
    Really serious right now hey.. out of all the useless BS that our friends and family will drill into your brain over the years of ones life that has no real way of benefiting you whatsoever...!?.... How is this vital potentially life saving information not shared o ey preached amongst us/ at some stage in our early adolescence!??... I played out exactly the way my narcissistic wanted me to!!... almost to letter...
    ... If only I had known then what i know now...
    0 x
    Charliez83

Re: Covert Narcissists and the ruthless trauma they eventually serve you

Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:55 pm

I understand your pain.
    In short (Im in my mid 30's) my/our elders are very closed communicably and things like admitting/acknowledging things like living with narcs is taboo just like sex and homosexuality and drug use was/is.
    If we can do for others what our elders didn't for us would be to bring things like this out to the open.
    Most of the time you do not realize that you have been hooked by a Narc. It is usually too late before you realize it. Even some people if alerted to the situation by an outsider will refuse to believe the outsider and it can cause issues between those two parties...

Live and Learn. there is support out there.

Good luck on your journey
    0 x

Return to “Lived experience”