Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Back pain - now problem with opiates.anyone else

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Had 8 nuff

Back pain - now problem with opiates.anyone else

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:33 am

Morning-
    Things seem to be turning messy .
    I had a couple of back surgery after problems on the farm about 20 yrs ago.
    My old school gp just threw painkillers at me .
    I worked and had a family .

Now the mentality of painkillers has changed so much that I’m not sure where to turn .
    They won’t give painkillers any more or it is that rigid that it’s affecting my life way too much !

I’m at a fork in the rd
    1 x
    Koala_85

Re: Back pain - now problem with opiates.anyone else

Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi Had 8 nuff,

Koala_85 here (one of the moderators on the forum). Welcome! It sounds as though things are really tough for you at the moment, however its important to be mindful that you're not alone in this. Our forum is open to people who are looking for support in their recovery, whilst empowering each other along the way so Its great to see you joining and sharing your experience.

If you're in need of further information regarding prescription medication you can contact the Medication Support and Recovery Service, you can find more info here > https://accesshc.org.au/services/medica ... y-service/

Otherwise, If you're continuing to have struggles and are in need of immediate support, please don't hesitate to get in touch with lifeline (13 11 14) or emergency services (000), we look forward to your future posts :)

Regards,

Koala_85.
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”