Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Please note: Your post will need to be approved by a team member, between 9am-9pm ADST. Your post will not appear straight away.
  • Relapse

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Redone

Relapse

Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 pm

So I’ve been doing drugs xtc but manly meth and benzodiazepines for nearly 20 years .
    I can honestly say that I’ve never gone more than 5 months without some sort of drug, one or both of them together .
    I get to that point without drugs when I try stop and it’s like I’ve got ADD or something , I’m hyper , happy & mostly full of energy which I’m sure to most sounds like a win right .
    However for me that feeling doesn’t feel real , it’s feels fake like it’s not me and doesn’t belong to me it must be someone’s else. I feel like I’m over the top happy or something and people notice I’m acting all giddy .
    So I go back to doing drugs, to get that come down, to feel shit after a binge, because that, feels real for me
    0 x
    Vik

Re: Relapse

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:48 pm

Hi @Redone,
    Welcome to the forums and thank you for sharing your story.

It's interesting that you get the feeling that that joy is not yours - do you know why this is? Do you find that this levels out at all when it's been a while - sometimes going 5 months without using is quite a long time for some, do you feel like this feeling changes over time?
    0 x
    Charliez83

Re: Relapse

Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:50 pm

I feel similar. the meth slows my crazy brain down as if i was an ADHD kid on dexy's......
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”