Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEST. Your posts will not appear straight away.
    Let's Talk! latest community topic: Motivation
  • Smoking in rehab

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    User 5a53a8099f2ce

Smoking in rehab

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:20 pm

I’m going to detox/rehab in 2 weeks for alcohol. I quit smoking cigarettes about 15 years ago until late last year. Now I smoke like I never quit. The rehab says if I want to quit smoking at the same time as booze they’ll give me patches. I do want to quit again but is it too much to do so at the same time as alcohol? I don’t want to jeapordisegetting sober because that’s what’s screwed up my life and my health bit i don’t know. Is it better to do all the stiffening at once or to spread it out. Any ideas?

Ben
    0 x
    Green

Re: Smoking in rehab

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:37 pm

My thoughts are that, whatever you decide to do, it's important to keep it manageable for you. I can't tell you how much you can fit on your plate, but make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew! Just keep heading in the right direction at a reasonable and comfortable pace, whatever that may look like for you.
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”

Counselling Online acknowledges the traditional owners of the land upon which our health service is built, the Wurundjeri People, part of the Kulin Nation, and pays our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging.