Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Chronic pain & opiate addiction

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    latestfix

Chronic pain & opiate addiction

Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:28 pm

I have chronic pain. Cluster headaches, back pain, interstitial cystitis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and a few others. These caused me to become addicted to opiates. I took oxy, tramadol, codeine and valium. It has been so incredibly hard. I also have anxiety, depression and OCD and these make me want to take the pills even more. But now I am on methadone and about to come off the valium, and I have been taking everything as prescribed for 7 days. I know it's not a lot but I am still pretty proud of myself. It's taken years to get to this point. I have hard times but I'm doing okay. There is hope.
    1 x
    Jack23

Re: Chronic pain & opiate addiction

Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:05 am

hi @latestfix

Welcome to the forum and well done on seeking support, it takes courage and strength to seek assistance.

And well done on staying on your prescribed medication.

We look forward to reading about your journey.

Take care
    Jack23
    0 x
    camembert

Re: Chronic pain & opiate addiction

Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:28 pm

Hey @latestfix
    I thought I would check in and see how you are going
    How are you finding the forums? Have you read anything interesting or helpful?
    Remember we are here if you need any help and there is also a webchat available if you want to speak with a drug and alcohol counsellor - its open 24/7!
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”