Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Please note: Your post will need to be approved by a team member, between 9am-9pm ADST. Your post will not appear straight away.
  • New...

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Worried_now

New...

Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Sitting here trying really hard not to order more wine.

I promised myself that I would go to next Friday without drinking but I can't get through one day. I have tried lots of things. Apps, timers, exercising, distracting myself. I told my husband I wanted to stop and he is so supportive but now I just hide it from him - he works late a few times a week so it is easy for me to start drinking at 4:30pm and have gone through two bottles of wine before he even gets home.

I think back to last six months and there are so many things that I have done when I have been drinking that I so embarrassed about, I could not even list them.

COVID has made everything so convenient and I could have whatever alcohol I want delivered in less than 40 minutes and never have to leave the house.

I just really want to get through one day.
    0 x
    HelpfulBee

Re: New...

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi @Worried_now ,

Thanks for joining our forums. I can see that you're going through a really tough time at the moment and that you're feeling really awful about your drinking. It might be really hard for you.

The forums are a great place to get support from people who have walked in your shoes. I hope you find reading about their experiences comforting.

It sounds like you've tried lots of different strategies. But I'm wondering if it might be helpful to start with a smaller goal first? Stopping your drinking completely might better suited for a longer-term goal.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

HelpfulBee
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”