Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • New...

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Worried_now

New...

Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:09 pm

Sitting here trying really hard not to order more wine.

I promised myself that I would go to next Friday without drinking but I can't get through one day. I have tried lots of things. Apps, timers, exercising, distracting myself. I told my husband I wanted to stop and he is so supportive but now I just hide it from him - he works late a few times a week so it is easy for me to start drinking at 4:30pm and have gone through two bottles of wine before he even gets home.

I think back to last six months and there are so many things that I have done when I have been drinking that I so embarrassed about, I could not even list them.

COVID has made everything so convenient and I could have whatever alcohol I want delivered in less than 40 minutes and never have to leave the house.

I just really want to get through one day.
    0 x
    HelpfulBee

Re: New...

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:18 pm

Hi @Worried_now ,

Thanks for joining our forums. I can see that you're going through a really tough time at the moment and that you're feeling really awful about your drinking. It might be really hard for you.

The forums are a great place to get support from people who have walked in your shoes. I hope you find reading about their experiences comforting.

It sounds like you've tried lots of different strategies. But I'm wondering if it might be helpful to start with a smaller goal first? Stopping your drinking completely might better suited for a longer-term goal.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts,

HelpfulBee
    0 x
    chenille

Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:39 am

Hi @Worried_now

It sounds like Covid has been particularly difficult.

How have you been the past few months?

There are many people in the forums who understand exactly how you're feeling.

Are there any other forum members who may have some advice on how to get through this period?

It would be great to hear any updates!

Chenille :)
    Last edited by chenille on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    0 x
    MalKumari

Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:43 am

Hi @Worried_now,

How have you been lately? Are you doing okay?

Since Co-vid restrictions have become more severe since the last time you posted, I wanted to check up on you and see how you have been coping. Giving up habits are already hard as it is and lockdown may just add on to the difficulty.

Please update us on how you have been coping and how you are!

We would love to hear from you again!

Hope all is well

MalKumari
    0 x
    tea123

Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:45 am

Hi

I just saw your post, it must have been very tough for you during that period of time. I just want to say it is amazing that you have tried different strategies.

Haven't heard from you since your last post. Just want to check in to see if you're doing okay?
    0 x

Return to “Change Makers”