Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Are you procrastinating?

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Are you procrastinating?

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:56 pm

I don't know about anybody else on here, but procrastination has been something I've really suffered from at times.

Whether it's waiting til the last minute to get an assessment done, housework, self care, can be anything really.

It's something thats caused me to feel like a spectator in my own life at times and a lot of the time I've found myself in situations where I don't make a decision to change things until it gets so painful that I feel I don't have any other choice....It's not always like that now days and I have a better balance of life than I ever thought possible but procrastination still challenges me at times.

I wanted to post a link for this TED Talk called 'Inside the mind of the master procrastinator' and invite everybody to watch it and discuss what it brings up for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oSt ... hannel=TED

It's quite an ammusing and also confronting talk that goes for just over 14 minutes.

It would be great to hear what this brings up for you, if there is anything you're procrastinating on at the moment and what you want to put more action into?
    1 x

Return to “Change Makers”