Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Do I stay or do I go?

For friends and family of people with substance problems. Connect with others here to share support and advice today.
    Ally22

Re: Do I stay or do I go?

Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:24 pm

Quick update while I have a weekend away to myself, sitting in a pizza bar drinking a glass of wine. About to go for a walk by the river.
    Everything is going so well, I feel like we have our relationship back. He has been away this weekend for a friends birthday, I heard him on the phone speaking to his friends asking them to help him this weekend, that he wants to have a few drinks but doesn’t want to get stupid. It’s hard, he’s 29 years old and his friends like to go out and party, but they all know his struggles. I’m just happy with his frame of mind.
    Feeling positive. He’s been working out at least 5 days a week, cooking dinners, cleaning the house. My best friend is around more often then not. Feeling hopeful and settled for the first time in a long time. This was the last straw for me, this move, if this didn’t work that was it. He called me from work the other day, saying he wanted to go home and pack up our house and never go back there. So happy. I cannot live in that house after everything that happened there. I am on a 1 year secondment for work in a small country town, I feel like myself again.
    1 x
    Zephyr

Re: Do I stay or do I go?

Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:09 pm

Hi @Ally22 ,

So glad to hear the wonderful news that things are improving so much for you both!!

I am thinking you had a lot to do with it, your ability to think through some creative responses and solutions, ways to hold strong boundaries etc. etc.

Thanks for sharing :)
    1 x

Return to “Friends and family”