Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • hi all

For friends and family of people with substance problems. Connect with others here to share support and advice today.
    doinit4ourkidz

hi all

Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:05 am

hi new here desperate to save our family. my husband and I are recovering heron addicts in our mid to late 40s. my husband came off the methadone program after the birth of our daughter. he had been on the program since the early 90s and had been straight bar the occasional pill use for a decade. I remained on the program on a very small dose as my health complicates maters so makes sense to stick to what's been working.
    hubby has had a bad stumble running over 2yrs of him using ice from time to time till it became a problem within our family concerning his temper tantrums for want of a better word that now is full on paranoia and depression with extreme anxiety. he is beginning to admit he has an issue but its taken its toll on our family as a whole.
    hoping to find some support understanding and above all some much need hope of a positive outcome :? :| :roll: :?
    0 x
    gerry1

Re: hi all

Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:36 am

Hi

This sounds like a difficult situation. We are here 24/77 to support you or your partner if he wants assistance.
    0 x
    doinit4ourkidz

Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:46 am

we have a sister living in sydney we are desperate to get help for please tell me more
    0 x
    tacocat
    Community Builder

Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi @doinit4ourkidz

We are always around on the forums for support. In the case of getting some more drug and alcohol support for your sister in Sydney, you or your sister would benefit from calling a service called ADIS. The Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) operates 24/7 and can provide support and referral to local drug and alcohol services.
    1800 422 599 or 02 9361 8000

Hopefully that service can be of some use to you. Feel free to come back here if you need anything else. :D
    0 x

Return to “Friends and family”