Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • 3 things to be grateful for

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Re: 3 things to be grateful for

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:03 pm

@ScorpionPW Ozark rocks...definitely recommend

It's a working from home 5 days but that's cool with me
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:26 pm

Every day I jump on here I make it a point to do my gratefuls……….if I don’t stay grateful I risk falling into a negative mindset. Some days it’s the simple things that just roll off my tongue, some days it’s harder and they’re usually the days I’m overthinking it

Today……….3 things I’m grateful for are……..

- Having my daughter next to me just doing her thing while I work from home today and tomorrow

- A weekend of rest and downtime

- Simple stuff like sitting in the car drinking hot chocolates while watching the ocean with Mother Nature doing her thing
    2 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:48 pm

Alright @PnorkelPW, I'll definitely check it out now I think.

Ahhh true, well at least you can do things at your own pace more working from home for a bit.

Drinking hot chocolate watching the ocean sounds pretty amazing too, I don't even remember the last time I went to the water...it will be nice to be out of lockdown in October.

I am grateful for...

- Having a roadmap out of lockdown and some actual time frames to bring some certainty to a way out of this.

- Having so much fun with my son already during school holidays.

- That I have the week off for a well needed rest and restore.
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:47 pm

- Quality chats and connections with close friends.

- My girlfriend bringing dinner over after work.

- Having acceptance around a lot of things that I would once have felt really stressed about.
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:35 pm

Nice one @ScorpionPW ..............acceptance..........it's played a big part in my week

Work’s been tough this week and I’ve faced some pretty big challenges………..it’s been full of learnings on both a personal and professional level which has involved a whole lot of reflection. I’m grateful to have got through it.

Three more things I’m grateful for are:

- A long weekend

- Being able to reflect on my decision making and acknowledge areas for improvement but not letting it consume me

- New opportunities ahead that keep me motivated
    2 x
    Peace Dove
    Community Builder

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:08 am

Good morning everyone,

It's a beautiful day to practice gratefulness and set ourselves to a positive mindset for the week ahead.

Three things I'm grateful for:

1) Long walks in spring's wonderful weather
    2) Handling a complicated situation better than I expected
    3) Friends that have become a chosen family

What are 3 things you're grateful for? @UltraViolet @Emmagouds @Newlife21 @PL1974 @shaylagold @Gerqlt @effycat @MinMinion @simplisticsquirrel @chasityhd2 @PnorkelPW @ScorpionPW @Keelsa @SilverSheep @laceysmum @johnsmith11 @Lambchop2021 @Keita @Sssh86 @BonsaiBeginner @RBM @Spyrina @initae89
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 pm

Thanks for sharing @Peace Dove, I have my closest friends who are my chosen family too :)

- That I get to pick up my new car tomorrow

- That I'm having such a nice time with my son over the school holidays

- That I'm actually excited about going back to work tomorrow
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Thanks @Peace Dove .............

3 things I'm grateful for today are.........

- being able to learn from difficult situations

- being able to look forwards to get through tough times

- music to sing at the top of my lungs to on the drive home
    2 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:59 pm

- That I have been pushed in the right direction to finished my studies by the end of the year.

- That I have been able to make decisions over the past month to make my life much more financially manageable, therefore am able to work less.

- That I can experience the love of my son which is so pure and brings me so much joy on a daily basis.
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:04 pm

Time for a bit more gratitude………….a good opportunity to refocus

Today I’m grateful for:

- My daughter being able to sit so comfortably in her own company……….she’s in my gratefuls alot……..alot alot

- A blanket and a couch on a rainy Melbourne day………..so cosy in the blanket just watching the rain in between work stuff

- The gifts of recovery…………I’ll give some background on this one. Two years ago someone came through the detox I was working in and after years and years of trying………..something shifted. Something clicked for him and the last piece of his puzzle fell into place. He started a new chapter in his recovery journey which is just about to roll over to two years!!!! He’d had stints of clean time before but a few months was the most he could string together.

When he discharged from detox he would drop back in and see me over the next year but then I changed jobs and we lost contact. Today I interviewed him for a job at my organisation. He will make such as amazing worker and to see that he’s been able to not only maintain his recovery but kick some major life goals has just made me so bloody happy. Recovery doesn’t come easy and when I see people start to make progress like this it is truly a gift.

Addicts helping addicts is one of the gifts of recovery because it just keeps passing on down the line and holds rewards for both parties. I received this gift and for this I am truly grateful!!
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:57 pm

- The fact that I can be so present with my son and help him through his challenges.

- My wonderful close friends who I can connect with when I feel flat.

- That I get a great sense of meaning and purpose from the work I get to do.
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:59 pm

- Being able to settle my son back into a good routine at night after the school holidays has been much easier than I thought it would be :lol:

- Being able to sit with difficult feelings, to allow myself to feel them and not feel the need to run from them after having to end a friendship that came after a relationship because it wasn't serving either of us.

- A bit of warmth and sunshine today which actually really brightened my mood :D
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:50 pm

- Getting really positive feedback from somebody whose opinion I really respect at work today.

- Feeling very content with everything in my life at the moment and being able to draw gratitude from very simple things.

- Having the ability to be present and help my Grandad get to some appointments after going through a difficult time.
    0 x
    Peace Dove
    Community Builder

Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi everyone,

It's time to practice gratefulness on this beautiful Sunday that I hope you're all enjoying.

3 things I'm grateful for:
    1) The arrival of my newly adopted furbaby
    2) The end of a chapter in my personal life that's made me significantly grow/mature as a person
    3) The drive and resilience that keeps me pushing forward to overcome obstacles

What are 3 things you're grateful for? @r_ogerthat @ScorpionPW @PnorkelPW @initae89 @Ab1234 @paperplane @Lee.B @Wendyhammond1 @plusoutmatch @NB35 @WildeReformed @DailyDoseOfHelp @Emmagouds @Dunk @Feelinglost123 @DorisDay @Tiiu
    1 x
    initae89

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:42 am

1) I am grateful for my partner and our shared life together. The ups and the downs and the gradual (re)making of both of us to better accommodate and complement each other.

2) I am grateful that I did not do serious damage to my work during my last relapse. I'm more grateful that I have the opportunity to get back in the saddle and keep trudging on.

3) I'm grateful for the support of this forum.
    3 x

Return to “Community Talk”