Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • 3 things to be grateful for

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Re: 3 things to be grateful for

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:00 pm

- That my dad is so supportive and has become a real rock for me when other people in my family are the complete opposite.

- That even on a day when I feel tired, demotivated and stressed that I can still stick to my eating and exercise program.

- That I get to do some fun stuff on the weekend with my girlfriend, this still feels like such a novelty after being in lockdown for so long! :D
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:38 pm

Today I'm grateful that I work in AOD.............someone I've known for about 3 years who has struggled with addiction reached a significant turning point. I just hope he can continue on that path now. Life is full of turning point moments............it's whether we put in the work to maintain the change that counts.

But anyhoo............three things I'm grateful for today are:

- another game of golf on the cards tomorrow

- having the patience to let this week unfold in it's own way

- an unforgettable personal experience that will make me smile for the rest of my days when I think about it...........life continues to
    astound me the way it unfolds in ways that I could never have expected
    2 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:45 pm

Today I'm grateful..

- That we don't have to wear masks at work from now!

- That my son got accepted into an afterschool care program that will make our lives so much easier.

- That I'm able to stand my ground yet be compassionate when being in difficult conversations.
    1 x
    Peace Dove
    Community Builder

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:17 am

Hi everyone,

It's time to practice a bit of gratefulness. So 3 things I'm grateful for:

1) Quesadillas
    2) New beginnings
    3) Stability

What are 3 things you're grateful for? @initae89 @PnorkelPW @ScorpionPW @Atkco118 @Larissa Michelle @NewHope @Strugglingmum @johnno @Metrinity @mylesduffy @weary_heart_restless_soul
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:58 pm

Thanks @Peace Dove ..........I haven't had a quesadilla in aaaaaaages!!! Now I feel I need to some this weekend.......time to explore some local menus I reckon

Today I'm grateful for

- nature walks and finding new places to explore

- my rock down at the beach...............the perfect place to soak up some sun, listen to the waves and watch the sun go down

- morning exercise..........I'm slowly starting to find my rhythm again.........starting.........I'm not there yet..........but I feel so much better for just getting up and trying
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:09 pm

Quesadillas are amazing @Peace Dove, especially from Fonda! :D

Today I am grateful for...

- Seeing the world alive again on Saturday night, it was amazing being in the atmosphere and things felt genuinely "normal" for the first time in two years...I didn't know if we'd ever get back there.

- The fact that some warmer weather is here, (for the next couple of days at least).

- My dad!
    1 x
    Peace Dove
    Community Builder

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:15 am

@PnorkelPW and @ScorpionPW, quesadillas have been my go-to-dinner for as long as I can remember because they're sooo delicious and super easy to make. That's why I now don't often buy tortillas. :lol: But this week I allowed myself to indulge, so I've been having them for breakfast and dinner, LOL! Package is all gone now, so back to my eating healthier regimen it is. :D
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:56 pm

Haha! Too good @Peace Dove :lol:
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:01 pm

I’m feeling a bit of a turnaround at the moment too @ScorpionPW ………..I think it has a bit to do with some recent sunny days

Three things I’m grateful for today

- Leaving work on time three days this week

- An amazing dinner cooked by my daughter last night…………she made gozlame from scratch and just quietly @Peace Dove ………..I reckon they were better than any quesadilla I’ve ever eaten!!

- I’m grateful for hope……….it’s what’s got me through a rough couple of weeks
    3 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:08 pm

Great to hear that @PnorkelPW, that sounds amazing too! Gozleme when it's done right is so good.

Today I'm grateful for...

- Getting results from my eating and exercise routine and losing 6kg in 5 weeks so far.

- Having the best team and manager at work that I could possibly imagine.

- That it's nearly the weekend and I can actually go out and have some fun with my girlfriend :D
    1 x
    Peace Dove
    Community Builder

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:04 am

Ah, yes @PnorkelPW, gozlame is pretty much the same thing and I agree they are also delicious.

Wow @ScorpionPW, well done on the physical results! Easier said than done but that shows you've been very disciplined. Congrats!

:D
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:56 pm

Nice work @ScorpionPW !!!! I just haven't been able to maintain anything. Hearing those results though has got me inspired to give this a consistent crack..............tomorrow morning I'll be back in the pool

For today I'm grateful:

- for a weekend of beaches, new experiences and old friends

- family plans getting cancelled which opened up my weekend

- a feeling that maybe I'm getting organised and finding my way back on top
    2 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:52 pm

Glad to hear it @PnorkelPW, just keep having a crack...eventually something will click! For me the shift always happens when the pain of not doing it consistently is greater than the force that drives me to seek comfort in food and sluggishness. If I catch it at that moment of willingness and get through the discomfort of the changes in my body over the first couple of weeks it seems to get a lot easier from there.

Today I am grateful for...

- My ability to own my part in things and cherish the close people I have.

- My dad

- A phone call from a friend
    2 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:47 pm

So true @ScorpionPW .............just like trying to make changes to addiction

Today I'm grateful for...........

- A three day weekend

- A game of golf tomorrow for the third fortnight in a row

- Somehow getting to the end of the week feeling good when I was feeling so overwhelmed on Monday

Time makes such a difference
    2 x
    Peace Dove
    Community Builder

Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:46 pm

Hello everyone,

It's my last Sunday running 3 things to be grateful for, so I want to wrap-up by thanking a couple of things:

1) All of the amazing people I have met in this job (online and in-person) and had the pleasure to work with - ;) @ScorpionPW @PnorkelPW-, and all of the valuable lessons and experiences that I have learned in this role and will be taking on with me
    2) Wrapping-up 2021 with many positive things at a personal and professional level that occurred organically and some unexpectedly: new home, new cat, new job, new boyfriend, changed smoking for working out and I could not feel any better with myself inside and out :D
    3) The chance of having hopefully contributed and positively impacted the community of this forums, and the honour of having been able and allowed to be a part of in your journeys. My hat's off to all of you warriors fighting to make a change for better in your lives!

What are 3 things you're grateful for today? @PnorkelPW @ScorpionPW @initae89 @Simply me @Minnie mouse @Deyfhob @Gizelle @Ally22 @Starlee @Katiee @apples123 @pdm411 @WildeReformed @BonsaiBeginner @Alvarosyd @OceanSky @CRAZYGRANNY @EtherealAngel111
    2 x

Return to “Community Talk”