Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.
  • Monday Meetup - Join us weekly!

Lhiver
    Community Builder

Re: Monday Meetup - Join us weekly!

Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:40 am

@PnorkelPW Being able to spend time with your daughter, your-ex and her family is so wonderful! Being able to come together and have a nice lunch together must be so rewarding!

Families are a fickle thing, and it's difficult and draining hen there are tensions, but it sounds like you've really made the most of the day! I get what you mean though about feeling like the Grinch haha, we aren't a big Christmas family and I think people find it a little odd, but we have our own traditions with some family friends and have been having orphan's Christmas' the past few years!

I'm looking forward to a new year I will say that, I'd love to know how others are travelling as NYE approaches @Costapo @CourtNeyy @D Block Europe , @recovery21 @Coco98 @SomeoneSomewhere @Ziggy10 @Peter Smith and @Naruto2022
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:14 pm

Yeah it's pretty cool @Lhiver.............one of the rewards of recovery

Welcome to Monday Meetup for the first time this year. Every week I jump on the forums here and surf around replying to various posts. Mondays from 8pm – 10pm and Thursdays from 8pm – 10pm for the Thursday Check-In. It would be great to hear from you about how your week has been, what’s worked and what hasn’t, any questions or thoughts you may have or whatever else is on your mind about addiction or recovery.

I’ve been in this stint of recovery for a bit over 6 years now after many attempts at getting on track in the years before that. I still have my struggles and am going through some now in regards to addictive behaviours which are part of my story. I don’t need to be using substances to be in active addiction but I’ll keep working on those and try to stay on top. Gambling and sex have managed to have just as detrimental effect on my life as substances because addiction comes in many forms and can impact life negatively by shifting me out of alignment.

I guess there’s lots I can relate to in addiction………….what’s happening for you?
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:15 pm

Another Monday rolls around and I'll be surfing the forums until 10pm. If there's anything on your mind tag me and I'll come back and respond here. Addiction, recovery, trying to make changes, struggling, making headway, got a question, got something to share.................whatever it is let me know and I'll respond as best I can.

What's on your mind???
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:21 pm

Another Monday and the sun was shining. I've been thinking about how much time I've been spending indoors lately and the negative effect it has had on me. The natural vitamin D I get from the sun can not be underestimated and I reckon it plays a big part in me getting the "winter blues"....................I really struggle through winter.

Anyway..........I spent the morning packing to go away with my daughter tomorrow. I had 5 lists going and was slowly consolidating them and complicating things by organising my organising :lol: . I looked outside and saw the sun and that's when it hit me as to how much time I've spent inside so far this summer and I don't want to look back when daylight savings ends and regret not getting out and about more. Life isn't meant to be lived sitting on a couch although a bit of relaxation is fine.

A simple day in the end where we went and got some sushi and sat at the beach to eat it. We walked the rocks, checked out the rock pools looking for jellyfish, climbed the hill, watched the windsurfers, sat and listened to the ocean and just enjoyed some sun and fresh air. I've got a great backyard that I don't utilise enough. So that's a goal moving forwards from here..........to get more fresh air when I'm at home. I've even got the hammock staring at me every time I look out there and what's better than chilling in a hammock???

What's been missing from your summer and what are you going to do to reconcile it?????
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:22 pm

Hi All...........how was your weekend???

What went well?

What didn't?

What did you enjoy?

What sucked?

I had a friend message me for some advice last night and we messaged for some time. At the end of the chat she thanked me and said she'd love to catch up one night to pull things apart further and have a big D&M........well she actually said "I want to get some MDMA and come round to talk further and have a really big chat". Now.........she knows I'm in recovery. In fact she's very aware of it. My response though had me worried..........I jokingly said "Well just make sure there's enough for two."

I've been walking a fine line lately and I've spoken to someone today but the fact that I'm joking about this stuff needs to be monitored. I need to be vigilant every day in my recovery. It might sound like a little thing but if I open the door to this stuff and get too jokey with my recovery then I might find myself in a position one day where I'm not fully focused and make a slip that takes me downhill very quickly.

The question I'm asking myself is if I'm taking my recovery seriously at this point in time...........

What's been happening for you???
    0 x
    Orangegrove

Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:05 pm

Hi my frist time here, so thought I would check if the group is still going, as many of the messages I am seeing are old? LOVE to hear back then I will share more
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:33 pm

Hi @Orangegrove, thanks for reaching out and letting us know you're there! I'm @ScorpionPW one of the peer workers here on the forum.

@PnorkelPW and myself are the peer workers on the forum here. We both have had our own journey through addiction, have found recovery and have now worked in the sector for quite some time.

We are more than happy to share any experiences, things that have helped us on our journeys, help with any information we can for supports you can access or just provide an environment where you can share what's going on for you knowing that you're being heard and understood by others who have experienced similar distress.

Whether you keep posting here or in another part of the forums, I am here Monday to Thursday from 8:30pm - 10:00pm and @PnorkelPW is here Mondays and Thursdays 8:00pm - 10:00pm. You can tag either one of us directly in anything you post by pressing @ followed by either ScorpionPW or PnorkelPW

It would be great to know more about what's happening for you and how we could help :)
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:48 pm

Hi @Orangegrove and great to have you sharing. @ScorpionPW has mentioned about all I can say to you other than to reiterate the need to tag us so we get a notification to respond.

I've been just sharing my thoughts on here for a while, I hope to hear more from you soon........great to have you on board
    1 x

Return to “Monday Meetup – Join us weekly!”