Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Monday Meetup - Join us weekly!

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    Craig PW
    Peer Worker

Re: Monday Meetup - Join us weekly!

Mon May 17, 2021 7:59 pm

Howdy!

Anyone out there for Monday Meetup tonight? I'll be here till 10pm AEST...........how was your weekend?

What's on your mind?
    1 x
    Minnie mouse

Mon May 17, 2021 8:23 pm

Hi Craig, Tomorrow I'm getting test results for a urine drug test. I have been off the weed for 18 days when tested, I'm nervous as hell as another positive test could see me lose my job. My employer will be getting feedback from the GP. I'm hoping that at least the levels will show significantly lower than the last swab test, and they will see that I'm serious about stopping and keeping my job. Its been 3 weeks now and I'm feeling a lot better than the first week, I was a mess for a days.
    0 x
    Craig PW
    Peer Worker

Mon May 17, 2021 8:58 pm

That's great @Minnie mouse ...........18 days is bloody fantastic!!!

It'll be about the levels. I'm sure you're aware that weed will last in your system for ages but the levels are where it's at. Given that THC can still be detectable for 30 days and in some cases longer, it may be worth requesting another test in 2 weeks time to prove that you've been true to your goal of staying off the weed.

Hopefully there's no need for that though because your results come back looking good..............I'd love to hear how you go...........can you let me know and I'll see it Thursday when I logon?

When you type my name can you put @ before it..........this tags me and notifies me of your post so I can
    1 x
    Minnie mouse

Mon May 17, 2021 9:15 pm

@Craig PW no probs I will let you know, I'm on here nearly every day, you guys have been my saviours these last couple of weeks. I hope other people are taking advantage of this great support group. Love this modern technology!
    1 x
    Craig PW
    Peer Worker

Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Glad we've been able to help @Minnie mouse

Thanks for sharing it with us and keeping us up to date............hopefully more pepole can keep us up to date with their journeys too..........the good, the bad, the indifferent............we want to share it all with you
    1 x
    Craig PW
    Peer Worker

Mon May 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Thanks for checking in tonight @Minnie mouse

Hopefully I'll catch up with more of you next week..........@Deyfhob @Keita ..........How are you going?
    0 x
    Craig PW
    Peer Worker

Mon May 24, 2021 7:59 pm

It's Monday and I'll be here till 10pm AEST...............what's on yoir mind?.............how was the weekend?
    0 x
    Craig PW
    Peer Worker

Mon May 31, 2021 7:58 pm

Howdy!

I'm wondering if anyone is around for Monday meetup tonight? I'll be here till 10pm AEST as usual so if there's anything on your mind I'd love to hear it.

I spend the time surfing the forums and answering quesions or joining other conversations so if you don't hear from me straight away that's why. I keep checking back in here throughout the two hours and will get back to you. Even if you leave a message throughout the week I'll see it on Thursdays or Mondays when I'm on the forums between 8pm - 10pm AEST.

How was your weekend?

How are you dealing with Lockdown?

What else is on your mind?
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:57 pm

Howdy!

Anyone keen to chat for Monday Meetup tonight? I'll be here till 10pm AEST as usual so say hi if you're around

I'll keep checking back in here for the next two hours while I check out the other forums too. Im here from 8pm - 10pm AEST.

How was your weekend?

How are you dealing with Lockdown?

What else is on your mind?
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:27 pm

I was driving home tonight thinking about logging on here and wondering if I should post on Monday Meetup or not or whether I just go surf the other forums for a while like I usually do. What would happen if I just left Monday Meetup blank because it's been a few weeks since anyone replied or said hi. It just got my mind going and before I knew it I was home.

I was thinking that it's a bit like my recovery...........I just gotta keep fronting up each day. maybe tonight is the night that someone really needs someone to talk to or just to listen. Maybe tonight could be the night that someone really needs. Maybe no one says hi again. But maybe........maybe someone reads this through the week or in future weeks and then maybe they know that the next Monday someone will be here to listen or bounce some ideas around.........or just be here.

And that's what recovery is.........just fronting up each day and being there.

So I decided to post that Monday Meetup was on again and then to write this because maybe, just maybe someone will need to know that there's someone out there who cares and will be here if and when they need them.

Take care everybody and we're here if needed.
    2 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:58 pm

It’s Monday Meetup and once again I’ll be around from 8pm - 10pm

Let me know how the weekend went or whatever else is on your mind
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:59 pm

It’s Monday Meetup and once again I’ll be around from 8pm - 10pm

What's on your mind?
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:45 pm

Monday Meetup time again………..if anyone wants to chat I’ll be online tonight between 8pm and 10pm AEST

If it’s about the weekend that’s been or the week ahead I’m happy to chat
    0 x
    Simply me

Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:36 pm

Heylo @PnorkelPW n other folk
    Nice one for appearing every Monday meetup @PnorkelPW! Impressive eh.....

I may not know what day it is, not great with linear time and as pretty home based with my creativity n life, I rarely clock on regularly to anything. Infact, if I ponder it maintenance habits, and routine generally, eeek (even basics like eating regular, sleeping). Altho I'm slowly learning they can have benefits as my capacity to focus increases with sobriety time down, and improved mental health. For example, once a week art therapy session with a friend, means I've the regularity to bolster my crafting n arting practices, and how much work I'm producing. Someone to share it with as I work towards my goals n journey on....

Meditation and journalling in the wee hours when I'm oft awake pre-sun, are a way to set the day up and rolling. Some days I fidget my way through meditating, others it's calm n centered. Journalling can be d & m, dreams /nightmares or just ramblings. So I suppose I am building routine in here and there, gawdess! Who'd a thought.

Wonder if anyone else finds routine useful, or simply rebels against it when it's about?
    Blessings n good vibes....
    3 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:17 pm

Thanks for sharing @Simply me

For me it’s routine but I gotta do some crazy stuff every now and then or I risk going crazy. I need the routine to keep me on track………..but I need the excitement of something out of the ordinary to shake the dust off from time to time.

What about other peeps???
    2 x

Return to “Community Talk”