Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

NOW ON: Q&A with a sex counsellor: Intimacy & Recovery, & our latest Let's Talk! discussion: Sleeping & Stopping.

Your post will need to be approved by a team member, between 9am-9pm ADST. Your post will not appear straight away.
  • Relationships & recovery - Impacts on romantic relationships.

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    Vik

Relationships & recovery - Impacts on romantic relationships.

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:12 pm

Problematic drinking or drug use by yourself or your partner can impact your relationship in a number of ways. As can the journey of change. Sometimes this is positive, or negative, and sometimes a mixture of both.

How has it impacted on your romantic relationships?
    Do you perhaps have something to share that might help others - a story, some tips, or just something that's on your mind? We'd love to hear from you.
    0 x
    Mono

Re: Relationships & recovery - Impacts on romantic relationships.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Hey guys
    New to all this. Just had a episode on the weekend, where I couldn’t stop my drinking and get home on the agreed time that was set by my ex-partner and I. Which blow up in a massive fight in the morning and me getting kick out and driving 5hrs across the state while I was still effected by alcohol. I never drink drive I’m always totally against it. Now after reflection on it all I realised I need help. I hope I’m in the right spot. I don’t drink that often but when I do I usually cant stop.
    0 x

Return to “Community Talk”