Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • 3 things to look forward to

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Re: 3 things to look forward to

Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:08 am

This weekend I'm looking forward to!

- Going for a walk with my friend tomorrow, we haven't seen each other in ages and a nice walk by the creek will be really fun!

- All the flowers that are coming out at the moment, I love spring, when things begin to bloom and bring some colour to the streets

- having a sleep in on Monday now that uni has slowed down a bit and I can take a breather :)

How about everyone else? What things are you looking forward to!

@UltraViolet @WildeReformed @Deyfhob @pdm411 @PnorkelPW @ScorpionPW @Mishelly76 @Milojunior1224 @Davis101
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:45 pm

Thanks @Lhiver...........I hope you enjoyed your sleep in. I reckon Monday morning has to be the best morning to sleep in. It's one thing to sleep in on a Sunday but a Monday when the rest of the world is usually getting up to work or study is soooooooo much better.

3 things I'm looking forward to are........

- Getting my renovations done to the laundry, toilet and bathroom. They've been required for nearly twelve months after a burst pipe but Covid keeps delaying them...........it could still be a couple of months before they're done but I'm still looking forward to it

- Some online shopping arriving

- Seeing my daughter this weekend...........there's been no midweek visits due to lockdown
    2 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:52 pm

I love reading your responses @Lhiver and @PnorkelPW, such great things to be reminded of and a reset of perspective.

- Seeing my girlfriend on the weekend, especially given the extension of the lockdown and more rigid restrictions.

- The peace of mind that will come with being fully vaccinated tomorrow.

- Movie night with my son on Friday.
    2 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:54 am

Hello everyone! I hope that everyone is travelling okay at the moment!

This week I'm looking forward to my new house mate moving in, I'm going to save up and buy some nice furniture and we're going to make the home more our own!

I'm looking forward to finishing the scarf I've been knitting for a friend, although I think by the time I finish it though it will be summer haha

I'm looking forward to seeing my dad for the first time in a while since he's had some medical issues.

I'd really love to hear from everyone!

@Suchislife @Anon11 @UltraViolet @WildeReformed @Minnie mouse @AllieCat @initae89 @PnorkelPW @ScorpionPW @Spankypompay @StevenTum @Alvarosyd @apples123 @Katiee
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:19 pm

Hey @Lhiver good luck with make the house a home and I hope the visit with your dad goes well

People always talk about staying in the present but I reckon it’s important to have things to look forward to as well. Three things I’m looking forward to are:

- Daylight Savings begins in 5 weeks………….I seriously can not wait!!

- My daughter staying this coming weekend especially because Lockdown prevents me seeing her midweek

- Losing the 10kgs I’ve put on since this year’s lockdowns began…………..it’s going to take some hard work and dedication but I’m looking forward to achieving it
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:07 pm

- Having the first week of the school holidays off work

- Getting a good night sleep

- Winter nearly being over
    1 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:27 am

hello everyone! Another Saturday has come around so it's time to focus on what 3 things we're looking forward to!

1. I'm looking forward to going for a walk tomorrow with a friend along the creek! We're going to go to a farm near me and see the chickens :)

2. Having a facetime call with my family overseas tomorrow, we do a quiz each week, which is very fun!

3. Getting our new washing machine set up so I can actually do some laundry haha

how about you guys?

@PnorkelPW @ScorpionPW @Nugnug @WildeReformed @bertalc1 @Spyrina @Becoming cynical @embe @zeusdreaming @epiphanyflower @Peace Dove :D
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:57 pm

It's so nice to hear the simple things that you can do to bring some joy and connection during lockdown @Lhiver, thanks so much for sharing :)

Things I'm looking forward to are:

- The first week of the school holidays because it also means a week off work which is well needed.

- Helping my grandad out on Saturday.

- Playing basketball with my son on the weekend because we are both right into the NBA at the moment.
    2 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:18 pm

@Lhiver it’s funny how things like washing machines can get us so excited at times

3 things I’m looking forward to are:

- I keep saying it but………….only three weeks till daylight savings now

- The world opening up again and being able to take an overseas holiday

- The AFL Grand Final………..unfortunately my Cats won’t be in there but I’m hoping for a cracking game

@ScorpionPW a week off sounds alright
    1 x

Return to “Community Talk”