Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • 3 things to look forward to

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Re: 3 things to look forward to

Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:27 pm

Yeah………..I gotta keep looking forwards. As the saying goes “If you drive looking in the rearview mirror you’re bound to crash”

So what I’m looking forward to this week is

- Playing golf on my RDO

- Catching up with a friend for a good laugh and some fun

- 2022……….it’s only 12 weeks away!!!
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:52 pm

I like that one @PnorkelPW, a good reminder to remain in the present and stay focused on the positive things I can bring into my life.

I'm looking forward to...

- Getting into some study and self care this week now that I'm working less.

- Playing basketball with my son on the weekend.

- Catching up with my bubble buddy on Sunday.
    1 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:54 am

This week has been a bit of a busy one so there are a few things I'm looking forward to!

- Going for a drive around my area with my mum tomorrow!

- finishing this semester of study and being done with uni!

- Having some time over summer to see friends and family who I haven't seen in a really long time!

How about everyone else?

@Ally22 @initae89 @requiem4me @chasityhd2 @BonsaiBeginner @CRAZYGRANNY @Giraffe004 @Dan13773 @Starlee @Tryingeveryday @Roo8787
    0 x
    initae89

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:20 am

Hey @Lhiver

I haven't checked in here for a while as things got REALLY busy.

I started Pilates as a more "mindful" kind of exercise. So I'm looking forward to being more balanced and flexible!

I have also been doing some major home improvements, painting and such. It's a lot of work! So, really looking forward to this project coming to fruition. It's a lot of satisfaction to see an idea become reality.

And lastly, I've begun to take responsibility for my future and start thinking about saving for retirement... And so I am also looking forward to seeing that grow slowly.

Things got a bit choppy because I had a series of setbacks at work and really disrespected in a meeting in a very condescending way. The temptation to "run away" was there. But in the end, I just sat with it and I think I found the silver lining. Maybe!
    2 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:15 pm

@initae89

It sounds like you're doing so many fantastic things at the moment! I think @Alvarosyd also does Pilates, maybe they can give you some tips

The situation at work sounds incredibly frustrating, but the fact that you were able to push through that need to "run away" is great! I know not everything has a silver lining but if you have found one that's always comforting haha

I hope you're going well this afternoon!
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:05 pm

- Having dinner with my dad on Sunday night

- Going out to dinner with my girlfriend on Saturday now that we're out of lockdown!

- Having a 27 degree day tomorrow
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Oct 28, 2021 9:14 pm

- Taking my son to the pool to see his sister on Saturday

- Catching up with friends on Sunday

- Spending my birthday with my girlfriend
    0 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:32 am

Hello everyone! another week has passed and we're back at Saturday! This is the end of my week which is exciting! 8-)

I'm looking forward to finishing my shift today and heading down to my parents place on the coast! I haven't seen them since June due to lockdowns so I am over the moon to finally get to spend sometime with them and my little sister!

I am also looking forward to having sometime to myself at the start of next year and hopefully being able to get inter state! This final lock down has been difficult so I am really trying to prioritise my self-care at this time!

Finally, I'm looking forward to settling into more of a routine, I'm not sure about everyone else but lockdowns make routine a bit difficult to maintain! So I'm excited to get my back on track :mrgreen:

I'd love to hear from everyone else? What are you looking forward to?

@Hippo Lady @Becoming cynical @Dharma @bridgey3001 @Cherry150 @Spyrina @Birdy19 @Simply me @CatMumofone
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:06 pm

I can really relate to you @Lhiver, it's just the past couple of weeks that I'm in a much better pattern of self care and I'm with you with the travelling interstate ASAP...I want to get up to Byron Bay to visit my mum and some friends.

I'm looking forward to:

- Going out to dinner and the movies on Saturday night for the first time in a very long time.

- Having some time to myself this weekend when my son stays with my dad.

- Being able to spend some time working on site from next week.
    1 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:01 am

Hi everyone! On this windy and wet morning here in Melbourne it's nice to think of some things to look forward to!

My final assessment for uni is due on Tuesday night, so I'm really looking forward to being done with study, having time to process the past few months and to get settled into a good routine!

I have lots of plans with friends coming up over the next month, including going to the theatre! It feels very surreal and I almost can't believe I actually have things booked in, but it's nice to start regaining a sense of normality

This one is bit more of a long term one, but I'm looking forward to next year. I think all of us can say that this year has been a total roller coaster, and it will be good to start 2022 (can't really believe that but there you go) with a clean slate and a new approach to life!

How about everyone else? I'd love to hear from everyone! :D

@initae89 @Nes @Mia76 @Hoper @Strugglingmum @Fenton @WildeReformed @BonsaiBeginner
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:26 pm

Such great stuff to look forward to @Lhiver!

I can relate, I'm looking forward to...

- All the new marvel content that's coming up :D

- The weather eventually getting warm again (if it ever happens lol)

- Getting back into the groove of working on site
    3 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:56 am

Hello hello! today is actually a sunny, if windy, day here in Melbourne. I've been a little anxious this week, so I think focusing on some nice things to look forward to will help settle those loud thoughts!

I'm going o the theatre tonight with friends! I'm so exited as I haven't been to a play in nearly two years now!

It is my godson's fathers birthday next week so I'm excited to see family friends I haven't seen in the past few years!

My friend is moving into a house near me and I'm very excited to be able to spend more time with her before she immigrates at the end of next year!

How about everyone else? What do you guys have coming up which you're looking forward to?

@Raziel @liljh21 @Defactomrsofanaddict @SUNNY1234 @initae89 @Betterme1 @CatMumofone
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:09 pm

That all sounds great @Lhiver, which play did you see?

I'm looking forward to...

- Having a couple of weeks to myself when my son goes on a holiday at the end of this week (I will miss him but it will be nice as well)

- Reconnecting with some friends again

- Having a couple of weeks off work over Christmas
    0 x

Return to “Community Talk”