Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • 3 things to be grateful for

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Re: 3 things to be grateful for

Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:52 pm

3 things I’m grateful for today:

- Crossing a few things off my to do list…………the one that’s been getting added to recently with nothing crossed off

- My daughter starting to play some pretty good pranks on me

- Open and honest conversations where I’m able to set boundaries

That’s a really mixed bag today but an accurate reflection of where I’m at
    2 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:45 pm

- Having such an incredibly supportive culture at work and being given the opportunity to play to my strengths like never before.

- That one of my closest friends who has been in hospital for a couple of months and had multiple surgeries is home and on the mend.

- That I'm really connected with my privelege recently in a way that I haven't been before and that I can draw so much gratitude everyday from how lucky I am to be in the position I am in life.
    6 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:14 pm

What am I grateful for today?

- Feeling a shift in attitude

- Hugs from my daughter

- A friend who reached out to see how I’m doing – it’s nice to know someone cares

@ScorpionPW a Nissan X-Trail but it comes with a great deal of fear attached as I'm locking into a long term lease and that is a SCAAAAAARY prospect for me

I loved your garetfuls @ScorpionPW ..........seems like you've been doing a lot of internal work lately?
    3 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:15 pm

X-Trail's are great @PnorkelPW! I almost got one once....I feel you on the loan being a scary prospect but you can have a lot of fun in a car like that :D

I've certainly been reflecting alot on what really matters and watching a lot of documentaries and going down other rabbit holes on YouTube as you do, just getting a picture of what some people in the world have to live through. It has really made me connect with how I don't really have anything to complain about and I've been making a real effort to not take the simple luxuries and convenience that I have in life for granted.

I won't go into too much detail but I'm sure you catch my drift haha.....What has helped your perspective shift as you mentioned?
    3 x
    Peace Dove
    Community Builder

Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all enjoying this beautiful Sunday. It's time for some gratefulness ahead of the week.

Three things I'm grateful for:
    1) The new plants I brought home this week - they've really lightened up the space.
    2) Being in Australia - despite restrictions, we're still in a much better place/position than so many other countries.
    3) The men of my life - dad, brother & besties that are always there for better or worse.

What are 3 things you're grateful for @ScorpionPW @PnorkelPW @Alvarosyd @Simply me @Deyfhob @Minnie mouse @Gizelle @Exfitspo @Loumoore494 @WildeReformed @pdm411
    2 x
    Exfitspo

Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:43 pm

I am grateful for that glorious sun outside!

I am grateful for being able to stop drinking last night and enjoy a movie with my husband without waking up feeling horrid today

I am thankful I got to celebrate my belated 30th birthday last weekend before this next Lockdown

PS xtrails are great! My old xtrail was the best car I've ever had...hope the new ones are just as reliable!
    4 x
    Simply me

Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:28 am

Heylo folks,
    Grateful for....
    *being in a regional area right now, putting out good vibes for those in the big smoke n such areas in lock down....
    *anti-inflammatories, man can they shift pain! Spent yesterday finding excuses for cycling about in the sunshine and doing some physical stuff I haven't been able to with relative ease....
    *good n friendly neighbours, some days a chat n gday (sometimes a borrowed lemon or onion, some herbs) can make a real difference. Sounds simple, doesn't needs be in your face, but it helps...
    wheeee.....couple more, it's such a great practice....
    *two distinctions in study on Magical Herbalism, makes me feel like the ol grey matters still ticking over all right!
    *good decisions that could have been dodgey ones....when gut intuitions on target....
    *the strength of open communication with my fella, it gets us through some sticky situations together...
    ok stopping now....thanks....
    3 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:45 pm

It's been very enlightening reading the gratitude lists from @Peace Dove, @Exfitspo and @Simply me. It reminds me that we can draw gratitude and a new perspective from such simple things in life...

Today I'm grateful for:

- A delicious home cooked meal with loved ones.

- Cosey movie time on the couch.

- That the person who I was really hoping to get the job of manager of the program I work for got the job.
    2 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:56 pm

3 Things I’m Grateful for Today

- Definitely living within 5km’s of the beach and bush. This lockdown stuff can be hard to deal with and being able to clear my head in some nature is critical for me

- A hot bath – it’s the simple things sometimes and with the candles, incense, oils and meditation music a bath can do wonders

- Google Maps – it helped me avoid a major traffic jam this morning

@Simply me so great that you were able to trust your gut and take the action!

@Exfitspo amazing that you stopped drinking after having already started! That’s something I was never able to do and it’s even better that you felt the benefits of it……keep it up!
    2 x
    Alvarosyd

Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:39 am

Hey all

Today I am grateful for

celebrating 3 months of sobriety

My friends who have helped me through this

My partner and my dogs for making me the happiest!
    3 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:12 pm

hey @Alvarosyd 3 months is so fantastic! You should feel so proud of yourself! It sounds like you have a really great support network and a lot of determination :D

Do you have any tips you'd like to give to other members of the forum?
    0 x
    WildeReformed

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:27 pm

I am grateful for the sun that has been shining for the past few days.
    I am grateful that my uni provides a free therapist who is a really wonderful human.
    I am grateful that I reached out to said therapist when it felt really difficult to do.
    3 x
    WildeReformed

Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:28 pm

@Alvarosyd Congratulations :)
    3 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 pm

@Alvarosyd 3months is awesome!!! Congratulations!!

@WildeReformed that's so cool that you accessed the therapist..........there's a lot of support out there but people just don't use it sometimes..............even better that you clicked with them

3 things I'm grateful for today are:

- Music.......it's helped soothe me this week

- Memories...........being able to have a difficult conversation and reminisce about good times

-Learning to cry...........someone very close to me has weeks to live and I got the news this week. If I hadn't learnt to sit on the couch and deal with the bad news by having a good ol' bawling session I'd possibly have chosen another path so I didn't have to feel the pain. I've released some built up emotion and am coping better because of it
    2 x
    WildeReformed

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:14 pm

Hi @PnorkelPW
    I'm really sorry and there are no words besides we are here when you need it.
    4 x

Return to “Community Talk”