Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • 3 things to be grateful for

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Re: 3 things to be grateful for

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:54 pm

Love it @Peace Dove

What am I grateful for today????

Well I'm grateful that my journey brought me here to work with other people who want to help others evoke change in their lives

I'm grateful that there is a break on the way on a few weeks

And I'm grateful that maybe..........just maybe..........it feels like summer might actually get here
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:42 am

It's so wonderful to hear about all of the positive new things in your life @Peace Dove :D

How are you going with having a crack at the new routine @PnorkelPW?

Today I'm grateful for...

- My son...I dropped him off tonight to go on a holiday for 2 weeks and it will be great to have some time to myself but I will miss him a lot as I haven't really had this long away from him.

- Seeing a friend of mine in recovery kicking goals in a major way after supporting him for a long time now.

- That I can correct my behaviour in the moment and not let things get out of hand.
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:10 pm

Some days are better than others and today is a day where looking for gratitude is what's going to help change perspective.......

- I'm grateful that I have food in my belly, clothes on my back and a roof over my head

- I'm grateful that I have choices to make each day

- I'm grateful for the NA readings in the Just For Today..............some days they hit home more than others and today has reminded me that some of the choices I've been making of late are self sabotaging due to the fears I've felt...............by discovering the problems I can now work on the solutions
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:57 pm

I love how simple your gratitude list is today @PnorkelPW, reminds me that we can find genuine solace in having our basic needs met when once upon a time we may not have.

Today I am grateful for...

- A well needed day off tomorrow

- The opportunity to go snorkelling for work on Friday

- My dad
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:55 pm

Gratitude has been key for me over the last few days............

- I'm grateful my body shut down and gave me some time to reflect on what it needs

- I'm grateful for a daughter who is caring and growing up very quickly..............let's see how grateful I am for the second part of that in a year or so :lol: :lol: :lol:

- I'm grateful I get to share my thoughts on these forums
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:56 pm

I relate to that body shutting down part @PnorkelPW, those times when it won't let you push it any further and forces you to slow down.

- Being able to recognise that I need more connection and then putting the action in before my negative thinking gains too much traction.

- Being open minded and as a result getting some great learning opportunities at work.

- My son
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:24 pm

- That I only work 3 days a week so I've got some well needed time to de compress over the next few days.

- That even though I'm really worried about one of the closest people to me, I have a lot of support and I am capable of not running from my feelings, sitting with them and knowing that I'll be ok.

- That I can be open and vulnerable with my colleagues at work, feel very supported and am incredibly grateful to have the unique work environment that I do.
    2 x
    teapot

Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:49 am

Today I'm grateful for
    ~ Having friends who live close by
    ~ My public library
    ~ Cute animal videos
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:13 pm

Sounds like there's a bit happening in your world @ScorpionPW .............lemme know if there's any way I can support

Today I'm grateful...............

- that there's a break from work at the end of the week

- for people who challenge my worldview and enable me to look at the other side of the story

- that after two weeks of feeling pretty off I've maintained my energy levels again
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:21 pm

Thanks @PnorkelPW, I really appreciate it :) Everything is ok, it can just be more difficult to accept powerlessness over other people's journeys when it's somebody close. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling like you've got your energy back, what helped you shift it?

- The fact that I get to visit Byron Bay for the first time in two years and go on a road trip with my son after Christmas

- The positive feedback I get from people that I work with

- That there is only two days of work left for the year
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:39 pm

Time and perspective @ScorpionPW

I'm grateful for the AA meeting I went to through the week that gave me an opportunity to reflect and reconnect

I'm grateful that a week with my daughter is coming up

I'm grateful that a week off ahead and that it looks like mostly sun so we can get some fresh air and vitamin D
    2 x
    teapot

Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:54 pm

Things I'm grateful for on this happy Christmas!

~ Being able to spend the morning with my partner's family, even if I can't be with my own due to border closures
    ~ The magic of the internet and an upcoming zoom chat with my mumma bear and sister
    ~ Shiny new wheels for my rollerskates!
    2 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:24 am

Love seeing your gratitude list @teapot!

What colour are the new wheels? :D

I'm grateful for...

- The fact that I can get up to Byron to visit friends and family for the first time in two years

- Getting to witness my sons excitement on Christmas

- Managing to stay on track with my exercise and eating plan during this time of year as well as giving myself a bit of freedom...balance!
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:24 am

Love seeing your gratitude list @teapot!

What colour are the new wheels? :D

I'm grateful for...

- The fact that I can get up to Byron to visit friends and family for the first time in two years

- Getting to witness my sons excitement on Christmas

- Managing to stay on track with my exercise and eating plan during this time of year as well as giving myself a bit of freedom...balance!
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:25 pm

- Being able to face difficult conversations and not end up in conflict

- The fact that I've been able to see some old friends that I haven't seen in a long time

- Stumbling across an old swimming hole I haven't been to for years and refreshing in the water
    2 x

Return to “Community Talk”