September has come to an end, so it’s time to wrap-up the month that even had an unexpected earthquake in Victoria. To all of our newest members, a warm welcome! To our valued contributors, a big thank you for sharing your story and supporting each other. To our peer workers @PnorkelPW and @ScorpionPW, thank you for all the amazing support you constantly provide to this community.
Valued Contributors: @Katiee, @apples123, @Nugnug, @initae89, @BonsaiBeginner and @Keita
Quote of the month
"The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
To celebrate Recovery Day, which is an annual event on the 30th of September, we invite you to join some of the conversations we’ve had this month related to this topic:
- Let’s Talk: Lapse and relapse
- Let's Talk!: Urges and cravings
- Let's Talk: Hobbies and Recovery!
What’s happening next month?
● Monday Meetup
● Thursday Check-in - tips for staying sober on the weekend
○ Turning the negative into positive
○ 3 things to look forward to
○ Share an inspiring or motivating quote
○ 3 things to be grateful for