Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • How do I stop

Alcohol is the most commonly used substance in Australia. Join this forum to discuss issues and find support relating to alcohol use and recovery.
    Cloudy

How do I stop

Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:34 pm

I have spent much of today considering if I do need help regarding my drinking , over the past few months my drinking has been increasing mainly I drink enough to knock myself out so I can sleep , although I know this is not good for me I just keep on doing it .
    Some days I wake after a few hours and am quite sick from drinking so much but can’t seem to control myself anymore . Hopefully someone can give me some advice on how to stop or at least cut down
    Cloudy
    1 x
    Melody12

Re: How do I stop

Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:24 pm

Welcome to the forum Cloudy,

This forum provides for many people a safe place to share their thoughts and feelings and at the same time receive support and even motivation to continue on their journey. You are right some days can be harder than others.

Stick with it Cloudy and I look forward to reading more from you.

Kind regards,

Melody12
    0 x
    wiltedflower

Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi [mention]Cloudy[/mention] ,

It has been a while since you posted. I wanted to check in and see how you were going?
    Did you find any good ways to deal with the cravings? Anything you can share with the group?
    We are all here for each other :)
    0 x
    Calvino01
    Community Builder

Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Hi [mention]Cloudy[/mention] we haven't heard from you in quite some time.
    How have things been going for you?
    0 x
    Cloudy

Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:17 pm

Life is quite screwed up at the moment don’t know which way to turn between drinking and gambling how the hell am I ever going to get back to some sort of normal out of control
    Cloudy
    0 x
    camembert
    Community Builder

Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:46 pm

Hey [mention]Cloudy[/mention] sounds like a tough time for you at the moment... it's a really brave thing to post on the forums, good on you.
    Don't forget we have our 24/7 webchat available if you need some additional support.
    What has helped in the past when you've felt like this?
    0 x
    Cloudy

Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:32 pm

Thanks Camembert up unti COVID was doing my my martial arts training 4 times a week so was having 4 alcohol free days but now drinking every night of the week and in a dark place trying to find the way out
    0 x
    wiltedflower

Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:00 am

Hi [mention]Cloudy[/mention] ,

Martial Arts sounds like a great thing to get into!
    It's been especially hard this year for people who use the gym and exercise/ training to take their mind off things. Not having the option to go puts more strain on you.
    With things opening back up in Vic, are you able to get back into training? 4 nights a week sounds like you were really dedicating time to it.
    0 x
    teapot

Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:31 am

Cloudy wrote:
    Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:32 pm
    Thanks Camembert up unti COVID was doing my my martial arts training 4 times a week so was having 4 alcohol free days but now drinking every night of the week and in a dark place trying to find the way out
    One of the worst things about Covid was that it took away a lot of people's self care, it sounds like this was very much the case for you, @Cloudy . Four nights a week is a big commitment, you must have really loved it there. What about your training did you enjoy?
    1 x
    Calvino01
    Community Builder

Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi [mention]Cloudy[/mention] Just checking in to see how you've been going over the past couple of weeks?
    Have you set any goals for yourself?
    0 x
    spartan117

Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:02 pm

Asking for help is a great step !

Reach out to those around you, it always seems scarier than it is, but you don't have to go it alone - and community support makes it so much easier.
    2 x

Return to “Alcohol”