Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Unsupported

Alcohol is the most commonly used substance in Australia. Join this forum to discuss issues and find support relating to alcohol use and recovery.
    Dontknowatall

Unsupported

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:01 am

My partner and I are not getting on. He buys a case of wine and leaves a bottle 3/4 full in the fridge. Doesn’t seem like a very nice move to me. Haven’t touched it, but aware of craving (ie to buy my own). Trying to be in the moment, remembering I can do whatever I choose to do, but trying to think the consequences through and more so the pattern it will kick off. It’s best I abstain all together, for this reason. Trying hard to think it’s the ultimate test. I find my partner incredibly unsupportive these days.
    1 x
    TheDees

Re: Unsupported

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:28 am

Hi @Dontknowatall That does sound hard and you are doing well considering... trying to stay focused...Maybe doing a letter to your partner if they aren't hearing you? explaining how challenging it can be? Sometimes letters can be helpful. I'm sure you will get more support from peers on this forum soon. Regards Mod Pinky
    0 x

Return to “Alcohol”