Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • The weekly meth cycle of a functioning addict

The impact of ICE/Methamphetamine use can be significant and problematic. Join this forum to find support and conversations on changing ICE use and recovery.
    Nate89

The weekly meth cycle of a functioning addict

Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:31 pm

I'm Nathan, 30yr old with a good job, nice life etc... I used drugs recreationally since I was about 15 (weed, lsd, pills etc) but I always said no to ice when friends offered it to me, mainly due to the stigma surrounding ice use... anyway one day in my mid 20s I was like "Fk it, I'll see what all the fuss is about" and i finally tried it... Now fast forward a few years and I am stuck in a cycle where I use atleast once a fortnight for a couple of days, then I "bottom out" mentally / physically, then slowly recover over about a week of feeling like shit, then as soon as I'm back to normal the thoughts / cravings start to creep back into my head and sooner or later I end up on it again... With other drugs (weed etc) I can quit (Or at least take long breaks) easily but the cravings with meth are just too strong. The high is not worth the suffering... Trying to break the cycle...
    0 x
    Vik

Re: The weekly meth cycle of a functioning addict

Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi [mention]Nate89[/mention] welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your story - it takes a lot of courage.

I think your experience is something that others can really relate to. It's great to hear though that you're motivated to break the cycle.

Stopping using looks different for all different substances. There's a lot of information on our site about meth, I thought it might be helpful to you, even a whole document about withdrawals from it.

Have you ever tried getting support with this before?
    0 x

Return to “Ice”