Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Needing more support

The impact of ICE/Methamphetamine use can be significant and problematic. Join this forum to find support and conversations on changing ICE use and recovery.
    Missy13

Needing more support

Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:20 am

Hey all,
    I'm finding it hard to actually pick up the phone and talk to someone. I was wondering if one of you may know of another messaging service I can connect with. I've tried and tried but but I'm not finding anything. :( or maybe someone in my situation would like to maybe message and chat?

That messaging chat has not worked for me since I signed up. 😭
    0 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Re: Needing more support

Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:38 am

Hi @Missy13 thanks for your post. Unfortunately our Counselling Online service is experiencing technical difficulties right now with Web Chat and are working hard to get this fixed. In the meantime, telephone counselling is available as an option. I know you mentioned you are finding it hard to pick up the phone right now but I would highly encourage it as you mentioned you are needing more support. Hopefully other members will be able to provide some further support here on the forum soon too.
    0 x
    BeeB

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:22 am

Hi @Missy13 I’m very much the same! I’m not ready to physically talk to anyone just now but I’d be open to chatting to someone in the same boat.. I’m new to the site so don’t know how to work most things but I did send you a friend request.. I swear it worked haha, reach out if your still interested in a chat!

Bee
    2 x
    TheDees

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:36 am

Hi, its artaud,

just welcoming you to the forum and I am sure others will welcome you in the coming days.
    Thanks for contributing.
    Artaud
    1 x
    Rae_04

Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 am

I am in the same boat. Wanting the messaging support because I'm not ready to speak out loud to someone.
    I am on the verge of come down and detox and need support to get through it.
    I want to finally be free of this. The help just isn't there. Last 2 days I've been online searching for the support I need to do this.
    1 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:08 am

Hi @Rae_04 thanks for your post. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be not being able to get chat support. In the meantime I encourage chat amongst peers on the forum and you can tag members by using an @ symbol e.g. @Bamboo [facilitator] who will then see your post & receive a notification.
    0 x
    Missy13

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:33 am

Rae_04 wrote:
    Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 am
    I am in the same boat. Wanting the messaging support because I'm not ready to speak out loud to someone.
    I am on the verge of come down and detox and need support to get through it.
    I want to finally be free of this. The help just isn't there. Last 2 days I've been online searching for the support I need to do this.
    Yes I totally get it. I'm happy to chat if you would like. I can give you my email.
    0 x
    Missy13

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 am

BeeB wrote:
    Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:22 am
    Hi @Missy13 I’m very much the same! I’m not ready to physically talk to anyone just now but I’d be open to chatting to someone in the same boat.. I’m new to the site so don’t know how to work most things but I did send you a friend request.. I swear it worked haha, reach out if your still interested in a chat!

Bee
    I cant find the request. I'm new to this too so its a bit hard to navigate lol yes would love to chat sometime.
    1 x
    TheDees

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi @Missy13 and @Rae_04,

How have you been going since your last posts?

I wanted to touch base with you both and also let you know that as off this weekend we'll be having activities both on Saturday and Sunday from 3 pm onwards. Thought they might interest you and be an opportunity for you to connect with some of the other members.

I'll leave you the links below:
    Saturdays:
    - Turning the negative into positive
    -3 things to look forward to
    Sundays:
    -Share your favourites quotes
    -Today I'm grateful for...

Hope to see you around in the forums,
    The Team
    0 x

Return to “Ice”