Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Needing more support

The impact of ICE/Methamphetamine use can be significant and problematic. Join this forum to find support and conversations on changing ICE use and recovery.
    Missy13

Needing more support

Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:20 am

Hey all,
    I'm finding it hard to actually pick up the phone and talk to someone. I was wondering if one of you may know of another messaging service I can connect with. I've tried and tried but but I'm not finding anything. :( or maybe someone in my situation would like to maybe message and chat?

That messaging chat has not worked for me since I signed up. 😭
    0 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Re: Needing more support

Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:38 am

Hi @Missy13 thanks for your post. Unfortunately our Counselling Online service is experiencing technical difficulties right now with Web Chat and are working hard to get this fixed. In the meantime, telephone counselling is available as an option. I know you mentioned you are finding it hard to pick up the phone right now but I would highly encourage it as you mentioned you are needing more support. Hopefully other members will be able to provide some further support here on the forum soon too.
    0 x
    BeeB

Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:22 am

Hi @Missy13 I’m very much the same! I’m not ready to physically talk to anyone just now but I’d be open to chatting to someone in the same boat.. I’m new to the site so don’t know how to work most things but I did send you a friend request.. I swear it worked haha, reach out if your still interested in a chat!

Bee
    2 x
    TheDees

Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:36 am

Hi, its artaud,

just welcoming you to the forum and I am sure others will welcome you in the coming days.
    Thanks for contributing.
    Artaud
    1 x
    Rae_04

Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 am

I am in the same boat. Wanting the messaging support because I'm not ready to speak out loud to someone.
    I am on the verge of come down and detox and need support to get through it.
    I want to finally be free of this. The help just isn't there. Last 2 days I've been online searching for the support I need to do this.
    1 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:08 am

Hi @Rae_04 thanks for your post. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be not being able to get chat support. In the meantime I encourage chat amongst peers on the forum and you can tag members by using an @ symbol e.g. @Bamboo [facilitator] who will then see your post & receive a notification.
    0 x
    Missy13

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:33 am

Rae_04 wrote:
    Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:20 am
    I am in the same boat. Wanting the messaging support because I'm not ready to speak out loud to someone.
    I am on the verge of come down and detox and need support to get through it.
    I want to finally be free of this. The help just isn't there. Last 2 days I've been online searching for the support I need to do this.
    Yes I totally get it. I'm happy to chat if you would like. I can give you my email.
    0 x
    Missy13

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:37 am

BeeB wrote:
    Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:22 am
    Hi @Missy13 I’m very much the same! I’m not ready to physically talk to anyone just now but I’d be open to chatting to someone in the same boat.. I’m new to the site so don’t know how to work most things but I did send you a friend request.. I swear it worked haha, reach out if your still interested in a chat!

Bee
    I cant find the request. I'm new to this too so its a bit hard to navigate lol yes would love to chat sometime.
    1 x
    TheDees

Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi @Missy13 and @Rae_04,

How have you been going since your last posts?

I wanted to touch base with you both and also let you know that as off this weekend we'll be having activities both on Saturday and Sunday from 3 pm onwards. Thought they might interest you and be an opportunity for you to connect with some of the other members.

I'll leave you the links below:
    Saturdays:
    - Turning the negative into positive
    -3 things to look forward to
    Sundays:
    -Share your favourites quotes
    -Today I'm grateful for...

Hope to see you around in the forums,
    The Team
    0 x
    Deyfhob

Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:44 pm

@Missy13 @BeeB
    You will find under your user name at the top something called user control panel in your little drop down box there you should find friend requests. I am also in the same boat so would be happy for either of you or even both to reach out and chat at anytime, I hope this helps :) :) :)
    2 x
    Katiee

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:41 am

Hey everyone I just had to say for those on the fence and unsure about getting help I wanted to encourage you guys to take that leap of faith and just go for it. I picked up the phone just over 2 years ago and I am now clean and working in the AOD sector. I know how Anxiety provoking those phone calls can be, heck they can even make us want to use cause it’s that bad. I think it’s great in the meantime that you have found this forum and can speak to others in the same page as you. Best of luck on your journey I’ll be keeping my eyes open
    2 x
    TheDees

Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:32 pm

Hi @Rae_04,

Wondering how are you going? Just wanted to touch base with you since your last post.

Don't forget you can reach out at anytime. We're here to support you. :)

The Team
    0 x
    Rae_04

Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:40 pm

I've been on and off of the gear. Have used it as a way of not feeling everything that's making me unhappy and making me feel feel stuck when I remind myself it's all up to me to fix..... family dynamic issues. My husband can't seem to work out what he needs do to for the home issues to be solved.
    I had my last pipe about 6 hours ago now so I have been madly searching for support for when the urge kicks in around a week or so from now.
    I have to keep telling myself that only I can take the steps that lead to living my best life. So I am hopeful but not completely confident that I will stay strong.
    I am yet to determine the exact reason I can't stay off of it for good. Just a lack of fulfilment in life I think.
    0 x
    TheDees

Sat May 01, 2021 11:05 am

@Rae_04 ,

That all sounds incredibly stressful, but it is really good that you're forward thinking and trying to get supports in place for when those next cravings hit. If you feel comfortable you can contact DirectLine on 1800 888 236. I know you mentioned in a different thread that you're seeing a therapist, DirectLine might be a hood support when you just need to speak to someone between sessions. They will also be able to offer some support regarding your husband.

We also have information here with some good strategies for helping to fight cravings. You've got this, we're here for you as well, keep reaching out
    0 x

Return to “Ice”