Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Relapsed, feeling alone and guilty

The impact of ICE/Methamphetamine use can be significant and problematic. Join this forum to find support and conversations on changing ICE use and recovery.
    cerena

Relapsed, feeling alone and guilty

Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:57 pm

It's my first time on a forum like this so please be kind. I already know how bad I've messed everything up and have relapsed after 2-3 weeks off of ice - mostly due to being hospitalised for reasons somewhat pertaining to my drug use but now I just feel useless, helpless, a slave to this sh*t. I've been rejected by many professionals and support for being too complex and now I'm slipping back down to a place where I feel so guilty as I can't talk to anyone I know about it.

I don't know if anyone here can help in any way but I'd be extremely grateful as I don't want to give up hope entirely and I strongly believe that everyone deserves chances, help, even if they have complicated health issues or addictions etc.
    1 x
    Pinky

Re: Relapsed, feeling alone and guilty

Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:02 am

Hi @cerena , welcome to the forum. i am sure you will have many people connecting in and supporting you. Its positive you have reached out.

Kind regards

Pinky Moderator
    1 x
    Missy13

Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:29 am

hey hun,
    I know how you feel i was off it for a month and slipped up again. i feel as though i will never get better and no one understands the hold ice has on you. Its like it has this power over you that you can not fight, even if you try it wins. I am getting back on track now and just keeping thinking positive. I'm here if you want to chat, i know how hard it is.
    2 x
    Deyfhob

Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:16 pm

@cerena I’m not sure if you’re still on here but I definitely know that feeling well. If you need support and someone to talk to please feel free to share with me without fear of judgement. I slipped so many times after trying to get off ice, I have now been clean for 14 months and please believe me when I tell you it does get easier to not only get off it but stay off it as well
    2 x
    Katiee

Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:46 am

Don’t feel bad, sometimes relapse is apart of the recovery. If I were to relapse I have a plan to use it as a learning curve. I would try and find out what triggered me to use and relapse, so I can make a plan for the future and hopefully plan to avoid that trigger. There is so much guilt and shame attached to drug use, we don’t need to add anymore onto to it then it already is. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and take each day one day at a time. You can do this.
    2 x
    TheDees

Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:27 pm

Hi @cerena,

Wondering how have you been doing since we last heard from you?

Please reach out at anytime. We're here for you.

The Team.
    :)
    0 x

Return to “Ice”