Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Dealing with a ice habit

The impact of ICE/Methamphetamine use can be significant and problematic. Join this forum to find support and conversations on changing ICE use and recovery.
    Nikkigrl78

Dealing with a ice habit

Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:40 pm

I'm 42 years old just came out of rehab lasted 6 days then I used today I did 3 mnths and 2 weeks clean I'm really upset with myself for leaving the program I wanted to do 6 mnths but I left to go back to my ex places domestic violence and now I'm suffering
    0 x
    teapot

Re: Dealing with a ice habit

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:34 am

@Nikkigrl78 Three months and two weeks is a huge achievement! Lapses are all part of the process, I know you're disappointed but this doesn't need to change your trajectory. Are you safe where you are? Please don't hesitate to access services if you don't feel like you're being respected at home. Orange Door is a great place to start: https://orangedoor.vic.gov.au/find-a-service-near-you
    1 x
    Katiee

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:27 pm

Lapses can be apart of your recovery process. Don’t beat yourself up to much. It just leads to a viscous cycle of feeling shame and guilt and then wanting to use again to cover up feeling like that. Get back on the horse you have proven you can do 3 months go and do it again! Believe in yourself that you can. It’s not an easy process but you can and will get there with determination and will power.
    3 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:04 pm

Thanks so much for sharing with us @Nikkigrl78, I appreciate it and I admire how open and honest you can be about what's happening for you. It sounds really hard too and I just hope that you're safe.

Sometimes it really is 2 steps forward 1 step back...Try not to be too hard on yourself for relapsing. I remember getting told in the early days that it's not strange to relapse, using is how we've coped and related to the world for so long that it's this new life that we're trying to work towards and achieve that is actually the strange and new thing. It was described to me like "fishes swim, horses gallop and addicts use". Hearing this helped normalise relapses for me and realise that it's ok, as long as I don't give up giving up.

I'm wondering if you learnt of any supports in rehab that you can reach out to? If you've tried going to any meetings or seeking help from a counselor or otherwise?

Just know that we're here and hopefully you can find some solace and a way to move forward again.
    0 x

Return to “Ice”