Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • How are you coping leading back into lockdown and into the weekend?

This is a space visited by peer workers who have a lived experience of addiction and recovery and is an opportunity to relate to and draw hope from those who have been through similar things as you.
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

How are you coping leading back into lockdown and into the weekend?

Fri May 28, 2021 4:48 pm

I thought I would open up this post to create a space where the people in VIC can check in and share how they are feeling about being back in lockdown, also for everyone else to talk about anything that comes up for you leading into the weekend?

I know for me, Friday nights were a difficult time for a while in recovery. I would always have to organise something to do with my other friends in recovery because if I was alone I would find it really hard to not feel like I was missing out on something which was a big trigger for me.

I also know how much anxiety lock down can provoke. If the opposite of addiction is connection then being in lock down and isolation can make it much more challenging to face the problems we have.

At least this forum can act as a place to connect, draw hope and relate to one another going through similar challenges.

I wish you all a safe weekend and look forward to hearing where people are at :)
    1 x
    FrenchFry

Re: How are you coping leading back into lockdown and into the weekend?

Fri May 28, 2021 6:55 pm

Great idea @ScorpionPW to do a check in,

Look out for yourselves, loved ones and your community.
    We may be isolating at home but it doesn't mean we have to be alone :)

Does anyone have any lock down tips they would like to share?
    2 x

Return to “Peers for Peers”