Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.
  • Finding the right help and getting the right support

This is a space visited by peer workers who have a lived experience of addiction and recovery and is an opportunity to relate to and draw hope from those who have been through similar things as you.
    PocketRocket88

Finding the right help and getting the right support

Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:35 pm

Hi! I am PocketRocket88.,

I’ve been in and out of active addiction to Methamphetamines and I’m also a compulsive Gambler since late 2013 (was an alcoholic at first then swapped it with meth, I’ll have a drink or two occasionally nowadays ). I have been in 4 Dual diagnosis rehabs (2 salvos rehab, Grow, and Destiny haven) and had numerous admissions to medically assisted detox. All four rehabs have discharged me due to the severity of my mental Health and the risk I pose with suicide (which was I’ve been labeled as a ‘High’ risk). 3 out of 4 rehabs, I was there for nearly 3 months then m last one was nearly 4… but almost each time I get discharged, I almost always get back on it as it’s the only way I can cope with life… I was also been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder which makes it even harder to stay clean coz my healthy coping skills are next to none the only coping strategy I have is using meth…

I was accepted into the community Dialectical behavioural therapy, did it for 16+ weeks but again because of how bad my suicidal ideations and urges the team have decided that probably now is not the right time for me to do this therapy… so I honestly don’t know where to go from here aside from just doing what I think is working for me which is using drugs and gambling…

So if any of you’s have anything in mind that I haven’t tried please I’m all ears…
    2 x

Return to “Peers for Peers: A space for connecting to others and our peer workers”