Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.
  • Introduce yourself here - lived experience

Melody12

Re: Introduce yourself here - lived experience

Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:58 pm

Hi @kzl303

It sounds like you are trying to manage some really stressful stuff, it is pleasing to read this forum feels like a safe space for you. Our blog section (which can be accessed from the landing page) has a lot of articles you may find useful.

Warm Regards,
    Melody12
    0 x
    Sunflowerseed
    Community Builder

Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:23 pm

Hi there @kzl303,
    Welcome to the Forum and thank you for sharing your story with us! (And thank you for not sharing your real name as we want to keep the forum an anonymous space for everyone~)
    It sounds like you are in some stressful situation. Situation like this can get overwhelming, so it's important to have some support available. I have included some information in the welcome email we sent you. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with!
    Keep us posted~ Stay strong!
    0 x
    Sunflowerseed
    Community Builder

Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:30 pm

Good afternoon all, how was your weekend? :)
    Welcome our newest members: @Mundane, @Jmoney, @Top Five Songs, @Sealions, @buzzer32, @Kricket, @Misso, @mayari, @Loki144, @Here2wk, @KylieB123, @Happy2022, @keet2022, @Anndy
    These forums are a safe place for you. We do that by making sure this is a judgement-free, anonymous place. If you have any questions, feel free to tag myself or @Lhiver. You can also @ our peer workers who will be online few times a week, @ScorpionPW & @PnorkelPW. :)
    0 x
    Sealions

Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I dabbled (ice) for about a year around 2007 / 2008 then moved interstate for a sea change / tree change (unrelated).
    Mid last year I was struggling with work (workplace bullying) and took it up again. 3 months later my dog died unexpectedly and I went into a real spiral. None of my friends know because I'm too ashamed to tell them.
    I did Dragon Boating for 1 year and hope to get back into it again next year.
    2 x
    qboln

Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:33 pm

@Sealions
    I never mentioned my issues with it to majority of my close friends aswell while i was going through it... Looking back on it, i wish that i had. If they're truly your friends then they'll only want to support you the best they can...
    2 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:20 am

good morning and welcome new members @User 6371e4e3632e9 @Douglas75 @KahwiLeonard @Zoe44, @TheWolf

I hope you find some great support, connection and advice within these forums!

If you have any questions or issues, feel free to tag myself, @Sunflowerseed or our lovely peer workers @PnorkelPW and @ScorpionPW
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:33 pm

Hi @Sealions, thanks so much for being so open and honest about where you're at and a bit about what you've been through.

It can be hard to own up and admit we're struggling with things like this. I remember I was always so afraid of being judged of relying on substances to get through the day, it almost felt like I was living a double life at times.

I'm sorry to hear about your furry friend as well, dogs are part of the family!

Is there anything other than the move that helped you to stop last time, and where are you at with it now? Are you hoping to try and make a change with it or just reaching out to be heard and touch base about where you're at?

Either way, we're always here so never hesitate to jump on give us a tag by putting the @ symbol before any of our usernames and then we will get a notification and be sure to respond :)
    0 x
    Sunflowerseed
    Community Builder

Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:56 pm

Good afternoon, I hope you all are travelling well.
    Welcome @emphymae for joining our community. Feel free to introduce yourself when you are ready, just remember to keep it anonymous!

If you have any questions, just tag myself or @Lhiver. Our peer workers are also here to help, @PnorkelPW & @ScorpionPW
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:07 pm

Hi @kzl303 ..............thanks for opening up and I'm glad you've found the space here to do so.

Have you thought about starting to search for treatment options? Drug and alcohol counselling or detox or rehab or day programs?

It sounds like you're using has progressed to a point where you really don't want it to be and that it's put you in situations that are going to have consequences. Not only could it help on a personal level, it could also look good for court that you've already started to seek change.
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:13 pm

Hi @Sealions ......thanks for sharing.

have you thought about speaking to a drug and alcohol counsellor?

I find the longer I stay trapped in my own head trying to figure it all out and absorbing all the guilt and shame the worse things get for me. A counsellor may just be able to help ease some of that burden you're feeling and to figure out ways to talk to your friends about what's happening for you. If they don't know, they can't help.
    0 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:46 am

Morning and welcome to the forums new members @Didge @Jack Loades @Bstindawst @MissNieNie @Pauly86 These forums are a space for you to find connect and support at any stage of your recovery journey.

When you're feeling ready feel free to introduce yourself and start connecting with others! If you have any questions just use the @ symbol to tag myself or @Sunflowerseed
    0 x
    Sunflowerseed
    Community Builder

Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:59 am

Good morning all~ How's the weather like where you are? It is so cold and windy here.. :|

Big welcome for those who joined us~
    @Mud1973, @Caitee, @Ikka, @Zecush

Counselling Help Online Forums is here to provide a platform for those of you who are struggling with or affected by someone's substances use. In here, you can safely connect with each other and get the support you need. If you have any questions, please feel free to @ myself or @Lhiver in your post. You can also tag our peer workers, @PnorkelPW and @ScorpionPW for some of their experiences in their journey. :)
    0 x
    Sunflowerseed
    Community Builder

Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:41 pm

Good afternoon all, are we ready for the almost-here-summer? How do we feel today?

Welcome our newest members: @Fifi54, @Professor, @Steveg281

This forum is a space for you to share your story and get some support from your peers. There is no judgement so you are free to share a little about yourself when you are ready, just remember to keep them anonymous~
    0 x
    Sunflowerseed
    Community Builder

Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:19 pm

Good afternoon everyone~
    Let's welcome new members @Chezza48, @all0rNothin247 for joining the community today. You are welcome to share your story (remember to keep them anonymous) with us. You can ask other members for adivces or any questions, feel free to ask the team as well. Myself and @Lhiver, as well as our two peer workers, @ScorpionPW and @PnorkelPW are here to help.
    Looking forwards to hearing from you soon.
    1 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:28 pm

@emphymae @Didge @Jack Loades @Bstindawst @MissNieNie @Pauly86 @Mud1973 @Caitee @Ikka @Zecush @Fifi54 @Professor @Steveg281 @Chezza48 @all0rNothin247 @Sealions @qboln

Welcome to the new people I haven’t replied to as yet and hello again to those I have.

How’s your week been? Are you finding anything helpful on the forums?
    0 x

Return to “Lived experience: A space to share your journey, advice, strategies and support”