Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.
  • Three weeks clean

Azura

Three weeks clean

Wed May 04, 2022 9:20 am

Yes three weeks clean. Am through the intense physical and major mental stuff. Now I can build up my good things. Things I would miss out on if I were using . Repair some tears and cracks in relationships.. And just keep practicing gratitude.
    1 x
    Firehorse

Re: Three weeks clean

Wed May 04, 2022 10:39 am

Hi Azura ,
    Thank you reaching out and sharing your great work
    What are some of the good things you would like to build on?

Yes repairing relationships and building connections is very important and sharing your vulnerability.

Practising daily gratitude really helps to re-enforce daily mindfulness and positive thinking .

keep reaching out and talking
    :D
    0 x
    Azura

Thu May 05, 2022 7:42 pm

Yes another week ! Am so glad I made the decision to quit using. the good things are really about feeling ok with myself around people. But I've been having some really nice moments with people and I guess it boosts my confidence. Just trying to be kind to myself and others and get through . Have a great plan for the weekend and really looking forward to it. It's a trigger of a weekend being mother's Day but I'm feeling good about not only getting through it but enjoying it. If I was still trying to balance using and social life I would be dreading it. So that's all good.
    1 x
    CaptainKirk

Thu May 05, 2022 8:23 pm

Really amazing to hear Azura! Enjoy all the moments that are meaningful and teaching. The one good thing about hauling yourself out of your using life is appreciating and acknowledging the small pleasures, and observations, and the confidence that this brings. Keep at it! And check in when you need to.
    0 x
    Azura

Thu May 12, 2022 7:51 pm

Another week clean . And it's been a hard week . The weekend left me feeling very overwhelmed and low. It's been a flat week and the never ending rain creates this gloomy atmosphere in my head. Have had a good conversation with a counsellor and we talked about recognising the vulnerabilities in feeling low. In regards to cravings . This means I can plan accordingly. Not that knowing makes it easier to get motivated and feeling ok. But am glad I do know there is a mega low with this.
    1 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Fri May 13, 2022 12:18 pm

@Azura good on you for getting through another week! It sounds like while it was tough, you recognised the struggles you were having and and sought out support! That shows a lot of determination. As you say, this is a journey with mega lows, but if you keep approaching them in such a pragmatic way, you'll find you have the strength and support to get through them!

Also I 100% agree, the gloomy weather really doesn't help lift ones mood :|
    0 x
    Azura

Fri May 20, 2022 4:31 pm

Another week and still haven't used. Been a flat week but managed some good bits in there. The weekend stretches ahead..I feel quite isolated I guess I feel like I have lost alot of connections I had.
    2 x
    izy3

Fri May 20, 2022 5:10 pm

Hi @Azura You have been doing great you have achieved another week clean, really well done.

I can hear sense of loneliness has kicked in and you feel a bit flat.
    Reconnecting with things and people can start with something small. Please be gentle on yourself this weekend and hope you can do something that will make you feel a bit better. Take care.
    0 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Sat May 21, 2022 12:14 pm

@Azura three weeks is a tremendous effort!

Isolation and feeling that you've lost connections is a painful place to be sitting in. Often when I look back on connections I've lost, one of the first things I ask myself is whether those people would serve me now at the place I'm in. Often people who drop off drop off because they don't allow us to reach who we want to be.

How are you travelling today?
    1 x
    Azura

Sun May 22, 2022 7:05 pm

Yeah doing ok. Am glad it's Sunday night and the weekend has passed without any drama and not too much discomfort. I pretty much just watched stuff on world movies.
    2 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:33 pm

You're doing really well @Azura ............life changes when you're getting clean and connections do drop off but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I stopped seeing my friends for a while but the real friends understood and stuck around. When I felt ready to start catching up again they were there. When I needed help they were there.I don't see them as often and when we catch up it's under different circumstances and doesn't involve the partying..............but they're still friends.

Give yourself the time and space you need, the real friends will remain. I actually found the experience quite positive when I was able to reflect on it further down the track. There's a saying I love: "Surround yourself with people who drag you up, not pull you down". It was only through this process that I was able to understand who the people that were there to help me up were. The others disappeared because they only wanted things from me and were never there to give as well.

I'm not sure if you've tried NA meetings at all??? They can be a great way to establish new connections with people who are trying to stay clean too.

Keep up the good work...........I hope things are still going well
    0 x
    Azura

Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:48 pm

Still have not used and it is really nice not to be thinking about it all the time. I have had a short stay in hospital which was mostly positive. And have enrolled in a short writing course. It helps to have things on since leaving work during the relapse. And am finding easier to feel connected to people in general. I didn't realise how much time I spent on drugs and all that comes with it.
    2 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:33 pm

Hi @Azura, it's been so inspiring reading this thread and seeing you face the ups and downs of the early days but managing to get through without picking up.

I remember it being real rollercoaster ride for me as well, all of a sudden being in reality 24/7 and all that comes with it. It's so great to see that you're fronting up and getting through day by day. building the supports that are working for you and continuing on the journey.

How relieving is it when the obession gets lifted?! It was honestly one of the most relieving moments of my life when I was able to get up, clear minded and get through the day without being fixated on using anymore...Freedom!

That course sounds good, is writing something that you're passionate about and that you've done before or just something you wanted to have a go at?
    0 x

Return to “Celebrations, milestones and stories of recovery: a space to share good news”