Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.
  • Thursday Check-in - How to stay sober on the weekend

PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Re: Thursday Check-in - How to stay sober on the weekend

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:49 pm

I’m looking forward to this weekend as it’s the start of 2 weeks off for me. The first week will be with my daughter and the second week for me. I have nothing planned and no idea what we’re going to do or how I’m going to spend my week other than I hope there’ll be a nice day for the golf course in there somewhere. I’m also hoping I’ll get a chance to mow the lawns at some point coz they’re getting out of control and I feel bad whenever I walk out the front door and see it.

Once upon a time this two weeks off would have been all about getting wasted and pushing myself to the limits. These days they’re about looking after myself, my daughter and doing things that help me feel good naturally.

I know I’m gonna feel better after this break. I’ll still be on the forums Monday and Thursday nights…………being on here helps me maintain my recovery and I always find inspiration from other people’s shares.

It’d be great to hear what you’re up to or whatever else is on your mind……….(Now I’ve got “Where is my mind?” by The Pixies in my head) 8-)
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Re: Thursday Check-in - How to stay sober on the weekend

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:40 pm

It's good you've got the awareness to realise where you're at @ScorpionPW and can do something about the compassion fatigue

I think I just dislike dynasties and feel like Golden State have had their time so someone else should have a turn at the top
    0 x

Return to “Thursday check-in's - Join us weekly!”