Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.
  • 3 things to be grateful for

PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Re: 3 things to be grateful for

Thu May 05, 2022 9:08 pm

Thoughts are with you and your family in regards to your grandfather @ScorpionPW

3 things I’m grateful for today are……

- Selling my old car finally and not being greedy about the price. I would have liked more money but I was able to accept what I was offered and be realistic. I’m grateful for what I got and it’s a weight off my mind knowing it’s gone

- I’m grateful to have this work week over and to have an amazing team. Under challenging circumstances this week everyone went the extra mile to make sure the best outcomes were achieved

- Swimming………it’s making such a difference to my day and helping me maintain physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance………..and lose weight
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu May 19, 2022 8:34 pm

I have been drawing on gratitude alot recently as things have been quite hectic with work and also within my personal life. Not bad, just very very busy so it's really important for me to pause, take a breath and come into the present. Gratitude always helps to ground me and get closer to a place where I can be content with everything just the way it is.

Today I am grateful for...

- The fact that I am getting a night to myself this weekend where I can catch up with a friend for dinner and go to a meeting because my dad is having my son for the night

- That I get to go away for a few nights next weekend to celebrate one of my closest friends birthday

- That my son has had such an incredible improvement in his behaviour at school this term
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:35 pm

On a day like today when I'm feeling very exhausted after a big day and a little irratable I thought it would be a perfect time to tap into some gratitude...it almost always helps me to refocus and realign with a perspective where I'm content.

Today I'm grateful for...

- My son having such a great week at school so far and seeming really happy at the moment

- Kicking goals at work and getting some really positive feedback

- Having the ability to not be hard on myself yet remain accountable at the same time
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:51 pm

Time to tune in to some gratitude...

- How amazing my friend at work is, we really have eachothers backs

- The Golden State Warriors being one win away from being the NBA champions

- Having some really lovely time with my son tonight
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:27 pm

- Having one of my best mates that I can spend some time with up in Byron Bay

- Having a really great friendship and ability to co-parent with my sons mum

- Being able to have faith that I'll be looked after when things feel really up in the air
    0 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:47 pm

- The Golden State Warriors winning the NBA championship and Steph Curry getting his first finals MVP

- Having such a great co parenting relationship with my sons mum

- Having such a lovely night with my son
    1 x
    ScorpionPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:28 pm

- How resilient I am and how when it seems I've got nothing left to give, I'm able to find extra stores of energy to do things that fulfil me

- How I always seem to find support with my son when it feels like I'm on my own on this journey of being a full time single parent

- Being able to show compassion and kindness towards others even when my mind is full of negativity
    0 x
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:54 pm

This week has had me tending towards a negative headspace so it's time for some gratitude to flip things round

3 things I'm grateful for today are..................

- 2 weeks off work after tomorrow

- knowing that in a few weeks I'll look back at this week and be glad i got through it

- to have met someone I'm really enjoying spending time with
    0 x

Return to “Weekend activities!”