Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • My first time here ffs this is going to be hard . I

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Re: My first time here ffs this is going to be hard . I

Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:35 pm

Hi @Kate58 thanks for reaching out. I can only imagine how angry and frustrated you must feel. It's always best to let our feelings settle before deciding on what to do. Perhaps understanding the intent of her call to the police might help? Was she contacting them for your safety?

What are some things you can do to look after yourself tonight?
    0 x
    Kate58

Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:08 pm

She was however I find that she hasn’t said anything to me since I have been back . Except saying dinner next weekend as I am too busy this weekend studying so I bring me feeling like saying well no I am busy studying next weekend.. WTF? I am watching have u been paying attention. It’s a good laugh . . Being remote it’s hard as I don’t really have anywhere to go and u don’t wander at night . The worse thing is she is my daughter s best friend from Perth and I didn’t want to tell my daughter about the night in question but she made me and my daughter was very upset .
    0 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:04 pm

Perhaps give it a bit more time to allow things to settle. Enjoy your show and keep us posted with how you go over the next few days :)
    0 x
    Kate58

Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:07 am

Ok thanks
    0 x
    Waffle

Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:27 am

Hi @Kate58 ,
    just want to check in to see how are you today?
    would love to hear more on your progress.
    Hope all is well :)
    1 x
    Kate58

Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:41 am

I completely missed or forgot about Monday as I was painting and trying to finish off five I am doing . I to go . Felling much better no grog and tablets kicking in . Feel a bit alone but I love my alone tone so trying to change mindset . Listening to lots of u tube . Dan Pena cracks me up . Work has been better feeling more part of the team and just been made acting manager till Nov 6 th so that will keep me busy . I am off to Darwin for a course so the drinking will be tested but I don’t want to let myself down so will be trying my dammedt . I listening to robin williams short talk where he said he just couldn’t drink anymore and he did it for twenty years. The thought of never having one is bloody boring I might add !!!
    0 x
    pulse88

Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:56 am

Hi @Kate58 Great you are finding comfort in your creativity and the involvement at work and a promotion! You are doing really well with your goal to not drink and l'm wondering what other supports you have used in the past to maintain your focus? Keep posting on the forum and if you are struggling up in Darwin, reach out to people,
    ' drop in ' and keep us updated on the forum.
    0 x
    Leonarda

Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:41 pm

Hi @Kate58
    Thanks for posting about your journey and it looks like you are getting some good support from your peers here too. I am one of the moderators and just seeing how you are going - I really like the fact of you turning around the feeling of loneliness to being alone and changing your mindset so that you're enjoying your alone time ..... I hope Darwin is rewarding and interesting for you and yeah, I love Robin Williams - an insightful and interesting man!! Please let us know how you go - and don't forget there's always plenty of support here, on this forum with shared experiences, advice and understanding :)

0 x

Return to “Change Makers”