Welcome to our online community! This is a place to connect with others, for ongoing support in working to maintain change in alcohol and other drug use, as well as concerned friends and family.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEDST by the Counselling Online facilitation team, your posts will not appear straight away.

Drop in and join the discussion today!

Sick of being sick all the time

A place for those maintaining change to share their story.
Best4Me

Sick of being sick all the time

Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Hi All -
Well I feel privileged to have found this support forum and hopefully it grows in numbers.
I am just so sick of being sick, tired, stressed and hungover. Drinking has affected every aspect of my life - mostly my relationships . I really want to kick this habit and be accountable for stopping. How do others feel ?
3 x
Vik

Re: Sick of being sick all the time

Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:27 pm

Hi @Best4Me and welcome to the community! Thank you for your post.

Sounds like you're recognising some really strong motivations there to move forward.

As our numbers continue to grow, please continue to share your updates - even if not too many are posting at the moment, they're definitely listening. Looking forward to hearing about your steps forward.

Take care, Vik - community mgr.
1 x
CatsEye

Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi @Best4Me :)
Nice to meet you and I hope you're having a good day :) I feel the same, believe me...
2 x
Bron73

Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Hi @Best4Me
I am in the same boat, I dont' drink everyday, i'm more a binge drinker, I black out and drink excessively. I am very new, just joined 2 hours ago. Here if you need a chat xxx
0 x
Vik

Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:11 am

Welcome to the community @Bron73!
0 x

Return to “Lived experience”