Welcome to our online community! This is a place to connect with others, for ongoing support in working to maintain change in alcohol and other drug use, as well as concerned friends and family.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEST by the Counselling Online facilitation team, your posts will not appear straight away.

Drop in and join the discussion today!

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO MY PARTNER WHEN HE GETS URGES TO SMOKE ICE BUT IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH YET :-(.

A place for those maintaining change to share their story.
Venus4

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO MY PARTNER WHEN HE GETS URGES TO SMOKE ICE BUT IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH YET :-(.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi 👋 im Venus I'm currently struggling with ice again its been in m life for the past 11 years 😭 its been a very hard addiction to give 👍 up 👆 and now my partner after 5 5️⃣ months of us being clean 🛁 and away 🏃 from it he went and go back 🔙 on it again and I'm not strong 💪 enough to say NO 🔕 don't get it.
Has anyone else experienced this??
0 x
Wolsk999

Re: I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO MY PARTNER WHEN HE GETS URGES TO SMOKE ICE BUT IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH YET :-(.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:35 pm

Hey, I understand. You're going through a lot, ice is difficult to overcome, it's very heavy on the brain and I can see why you're having problemS with addiction. When addiction gets this bad it's considered a mental illness, not just a problem but a real change is your brains chemistry and that's why I cannot recommend enough seeking rehab. I understand that can be difficult and rehab doesn't always work but look you're already seeking help!! Being here and posting on this forum is already the first step, you've realised that this is a problem you aren't dillusional you're a person who wants their life back and that's will power! That's strength, you're showing that you want to stop and get your life back and that's when rehab WORKS! the only way it has ever succeeded for anyone is when they genuinely wanted help and you're a perfect example of that. It won't be easy, nothing in life is but EVERYTHING in life is accomplishable if you want it bad enough. In rehab you'll have a wide range of people that only want the best for you and putting yourself in that environment is the best place for you. Please stay safe and just know, you are not alone
1 x
Vik

Re: I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO MY PARTNER WHEN HE GETS URGES TO SMOKE ICE BUT IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH YET :-(.

Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:33 am

Welcome to the community @Wolsk999,

Some really valuable advice and support there, thank you for sharing!
Sounds like it comes from a place of some real-life experience, would love to hear about that at some point soon if you'd like to share it.

Take care, Vik
0 x
CATNAP

Sun May 05, 2019 3:01 pm

Rehab works! Met a lot of people there with the same struggles. It may take a few times but it works! Encouraging you to try it.
0 x

Return to “Lived experience”