Welcome to our online community! This is a place to connect with others, for ongoing support in working to maintain change in alcohol and other drug use, as well as concerned friends and family.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEDST by the Counselling Online facilitation team, your posts will not appear straight away.

Drop in and join the discussion today!

Hi I'm rumer and have been clean from methadone for almost 2 weeks. Feeling better but very tired and slow. Has anyone p

A place for those maintaining change to share their story.
Rumer

Hi I'm rumer and have been clean from methadone for almost 2 weeks. Feeling better but very tired and slow. Has anyone p

Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi I'm rumer and have been clean from methadone for almost 2 weeks. Feeling better but very tired and slow. Has anyone else have this problem?
1 x
Fresh start

Re: Hi I'm rumer and have been clean from methadone for almost 2 weeks. Feeling better but very tired and slow. Has anyo

Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:41 am

Hi rumer , It really depends how long you were on it ? and how quickly you detoxed off it ? I was on it for 2 yrs plus & jumped off a rather big amount & it took 3 months just to even start to recover ! From other people I’ve know it takes a few months to wear off also & start to feel like yourself !! Your muscles hurt & sweats are common side affects also . I’d not go on it again ! It serves a purpose , But is never go on it again !! I hope you find it easier than I did .
2 x
Blippi

Re: Hi I'm rumer and have been clean from methadone for almost 2 weeks. Feeling better but very tired and slow. Has anyo

Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi @Rumer and @Fresh start

Thanks for sharing your experiences.... It's definitely not easy. It seems that you two are doing a great job.

How are you both doing so far? what are some strategies that have been working on your favor?

Blippi
0 x

Return to “Lived experience”