Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. To post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEST. Your posts will not appear straight away.

Event on now: Q&A on Prescription drug use, misuse and dependence.
  • A Nightmare Roller Coaster

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    User 595aef3ca6148

A Nightmare Roller Coaster

Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:36 pm

It feels like I’m on a Nightmare Rollercoaster, getting drunk , getting angry, getting depressed, no matter how down I feel I just can’t seem to get it in my head that I only feel worse after drinking! I’ve been here before down in the dumps after a massive weekend on the booze, I am sick of it, but I keep winding up here!
    1 x
    Vik

Re: A Nightmare Roller Coaster

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:36 pm

Hey! Welcome to the forums, and well done on taking a step toward making a change.
    Certainly sounds like you have the motivation to cut out getting drunk, but it’s normal to find it challenging.

Is there anything you’ve already tried, maybe some strategies or chatting to a professional? Or something you’re maybe interested to know more about?

Take care, Vik
    1 x
    CATNAP

Re: A Nightmare Roller Coaster

Sun May 05, 2019 2:53 pm

In my case, I have found that regularly seeing a psychiatrist and medical treatment for my depression has helped me a lot. Acceptance. There is no shame in seeking help.
    1 x

Return to “Lived experience”