Welcome to our online community! This is a place to connect with others, for ongoing support in working to maintain change in alcohol and other drug use, as well as concerned friends and family.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEST by the Counselling Online facilitation team, your posts will not appear straight away.

Drop in and join the discussion today!

Last night was the Hardest day of my life

A place for those maintaining change to share their story.
T.

Last night was the Hardest day of my life

Sat May 04, 2019 6:45 am

What a night.
Yesterday was day 3 of no alcohol.
It was also my son's suicide anniversary and the first one I didn't wipe myself out on.
Just to throw in even more stress I work in a bar some nights as I did last night.
The temptation just to take one 'staffy drink' at the end of my shift took a lot of effort to refuse.
My head was fuzzy all night and I didn't really feel with it. I was extremely tired.
But I kept telling myself 'just one week, just one week and you will feel the benefits'
I kept telling myself I needed to push through it, more energy will come and the fuzzy, the headaches, the lack of energy, the hangovers will all go.
I can't believe I did it.
Today is a new day and I will be going to my youngest sons soccer match 'NOT' hungover for once.
#willpower
3 x
Jack23

Re: Last night was the Hardest day of my life

Sat May 04, 2019 10:20 am

Hi @T.

Wow!

It took a lot strength to get through last night, incredibly challenging situation. I am sorry to read about your son's suicide.

Your courage is inspirational, it will help so many people here at the forum, thank you for sharing your experience.

I hope you find inspiration and support with your journey here.

One day at a time, have a good one today.

Take care.

Jack23
3 x

Return to “Lived experience”