Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. To post or reply, join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Confidential. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEST. Your posts will not appear straight away.

Event on now: Q&A on Prescription drug use, misuse and dependence.
  • Last night was the Hardest day of my life

For people making and maintaining change in their alcohol and other drug use. Connect here to share your story and gain motivation today.
    T.

Last night was the Hardest day of my life

Sat May 04, 2019 6:45 am

What a night.
    Yesterday was day 3 of no alcohol.
    It was also my son's suicide anniversary and the first one I didn't wipe myself out on.
    Just to throw in even more stress I work in a bar some nights as I did last night.
    The temptation just to take one 'staffy drink' at the end of my shift took a lot of effort to refuse.
    My head was fuzzy all night and I didn't really feel with it. I was extremely tired.
    But I kept telling myself 'just one week, just one week and you will feel the benefits'
    I kept telling myself I needed to push through it, more energy will come and the fuzzy, the headaches, the lack of energy, the hangovers will all go.
    I can't believe I did it.
    Today is a new day and I will be going to my youngest sons soccer match 'NOT' hungover for once.
    #willpower
    4 x
    Jack23

Re: Last night was the Hardest day of my life

Sat May 04, 2019 10:20 am

Hi @T.

Wow!

It took a lot strength to get through last night, incredibly challenging situation. I am sorry to read about your son's suicide.

Your courage is inspirational, it will help so many people here at the forum, thank you for sharing your experience.

I hope you find inspiration and support with your journey here.

One day at a time, have a good one today.

Take care.

Jack23
    3 x
    Vik

Re: Last night was the Hardest day of my life

Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:34 am

Hey @T how are you doing?
    Interested to head how things are going for you!
    0 x

Return to “Lived experience”