Welcome to our online community! This is a place to connect with others, for ongoing support in working to maintain change in alcohol and other drug use, as well as concerned friends and family.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEST by the Counselling Online facilitation team, your posts will not appear straight away.

Drop in and join the discussion today!

Is it pain or is it addiction?!

A place for those maintaining change to share their story.
horsecrazy4eva

Is it pain or is it addiction?!

Fri May 17, 2019 6:10 pm

I recently well early February this year sustained a traumatic injury, as a result of this injury I required pain relief.

I am still experiencing some pain, not as strong as what it was at the time of injury.

I am worried the pain I am experiencing is actually “phantom pain” and this is leading me to control it with pain relief

I am following the pain relief guidelines so am not going over the recommended daily limits

I am hoping someone could provide me with pain relief addiction personal experiences

Was there actually any pain you were experiencing during your addiction?! Like pain as in physical or nerve pain?!

While addicted were there days you could last on a within guidelines limit?! Or were you always going over the guidelines?!
1 x
Hercules

Re: Is it pain or is it addiction?!

Fri May 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Hello @crazyhorse4eva,

Hercules here, one of the Counselling Online forum moderators. Thank-you for your post, and welcome to the community :)
It sounds like you've been through a lot. I'm sensing that you're wanting to hear other people's stories to see whether others identify with your experience, and are wishing to stay within the guidelines to maintain your journey of recovery. I'm hoping others on the forum can shed light on their journeys, and I look forward to hearing updates on your journey and other people's experiences.

Kind regards,

Hercules
0 x

Return to “Lived experience”