Welcome to our online community! This is a place to connect with others, for ongoing support in working to maintain change in alcohol and other drug use, as well as concerned friends and family.

Please note the forums are moderated between 9am and 9pm AEDST by the Counselling Online facilitation team, your posts will not appear straight away.

Drop in and join the discussion today!

Starting my recovery from Stimulants today

A place for those maintaining change to share their story.
Northshoreboy

Starting my recovery from Stimulants today

Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:23 pm

Really pleased to have found this resource today. Looking forward to a future without stimulants and supporting each other.

Keen to contribute my experiences as I begin my journey.

This is a great looking forum (nice and simple) both on the PC and the phone.

Best wishes everyone
NorthShoreBoy
1 x
Vik

Re: Starting my recovery from Stimulants today

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:04 am

Welcome to the community @Northshoreboy and thank you for your post!
Sending strength in your stimulant-free journey! Looking forward to hearing about it.

Glad you like the forum, thank you :D

How have the last few days been going for you?

Vik.
0 x
Northshoreboy

Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Still going strong. Had all the symptoms of flu the first week and for three-four days could not get out of bed and am now in a must better place. Still struggling with mood-swings and not sleeping soundly at night. Trying to cut down the caffiene and the next step is meditation practice.
1 x
Modra6

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:08 pm

Northshoreboy,

I am glad to hear that you are in a much better place, and you seem to be aware of your struggles, and are making changes to improve your quality of life. Meditation can be an amazing tool. All kudos to you, keep reaching out.

Modra6
0 x
regretful29

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:59 am

Hi north shore boy,

I think we’re in a similar situation.

Hope all is going well, sounds like you’re doing all the right things. Keep up the great work, you’ll be so much happier for it I’m sure.

This is a really hard road we’re travelling down and hearing other people in the same situation is strangely helpful?? Thanks for sharing.
1 x
Koala_85

Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Hi Northshoreboy and regretful29,

Koala_85 here (one of the moderators on the forum). Well done on staying strong through the recovery process. It may feel like a lifetime when you go through withdrawal, however with the right strategies it can certainly make the challenge feel a little easier. (Northshoreboy) > as regretful 29 mentioned, it seems that your doing all the right things in assisting your recovery, keep up the great work! Here is a link on meditation which you both may find useful. https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/meditation

Koala_85.
0 x

Return to “Lived experience”