Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Monday Meetup - Join us weekly!

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    HelpfulBee
    Community Builder

Re: Monday Meetup - Join us weekly!

Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:53 pm

Hey All! :D

Welcome to Monday Meet Up! Every Monday we go live from 8pm - 10pm AEST to chat about our journeys!

Today, let’s talk pets! Pets are a super important support for many of us on our recovery journeys, we would love to hear about yours and how they’ve helped you on your journey! :)

Also, as always, the floor is open to YOU! We would love to hear from you, and for you to bring a topic to discuss too!

I’ll be here till 10pm! See you soon!

1 x
    Leonarda
    Community Builder

Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:39 pm

Hope everyone's weekend is going well even though it is pretty overcast in Melbourne this avo! Hope you're all looking forward to Monday meet-up where everyone can get together and share experiences or just chat. The topic of pets of last week was an important one and also the idea of pets being anything from dogs to goldfish. Having something to come home to that loves you unconditionally is precious indeed and conversely, maybe even fostering an animal or helping out at the local shelter can be beneficial and encourage all of those endorphins to make you feel good :) Happy weekend and hope you're all keen for Monday!
    1 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Monday Meetup, our casual weekly catch up :) We will be live until 10pm AEST.

Checking in with you to see how you went over the weekend?

What are some tips or tricks you have for staying sober? Do you have much planned for the week?

For tonight, I'd also like to focus on gratitude. Gratitude can help us to re-centre ourselves and focus on what is important, particularly during tough times. Share with us one thing you are grateful for.

1 x
    Gizelle

Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:39 pm

Hello,

How do I join the online chat? Is it via zoom for instance, or keyboard interaction?

I think it's via keyboard. Anyway, thank you for being in my life

Thank you
    0 x
    tacocat
    Community Builder

Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:15 pm

Hey @Gizelle

The Monday Meetup is just posting in the forums. A moderator will post a welcome message at about 8pm AEST welcoming everyone and anyone to post in that thread.
    It's an informal get together for a virtual cup of tea.

Hope to see you then!
    0 x
    Koala_85

Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Monday Meetup, our casual weekly catch up :) We will be live until 10pm AEST.

Checking in with you to see how you went over the weekend?

What are some tips or tricks you have for staying sober? Do you have much planned for the week?

Tonight I thought we could focus on the concept of healthy ways to decrease stress.. what's one healthy distraction you might have which can help reduce stress?
    1 x
    Undecided Me

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:47 pm

Talking my dog for a walk
    1 x
    Koala_85

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:53 pm

Hi Undecided Me,

That's a great stress reliever! I find exercising while connecting with pets or animals is the perfect combination to relieve stress, thanks for sharing and look forward to your future posts :)

Koala_85.
    1 x
    Zephyr

Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi Everyone!

Welcome everyone to another Monday Meetup!!

Between 8pm and 10pm we have moderators ready to respond to you, hope you will say hello and share some of your thoughts with us.

I am loving the change in season towards Autumn, the weather can still be sunny and warm, I love spotting the first few leaves on the trees as they change colour etc., and I am noticing the weather cooling down in the evenings.

What do you do in the evenings to keep yourself occupied? Any unique hobbies or interests out there amongst you? Have any of you really wished that you would try something new? If so what is it that you would love to try if you had the time, money, inclination etc?

Just thought it might be good to build a list of possible 'distractions' if you know what I mean :)
    1 x
    Willowsmaker

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Hopefully this will help establish believe and regain life
    0 x
    Willowsmaker

Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 pm

Hopefully this will help establish believe and regain life
    0 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:02 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Monday Meetup we'll be live until 10pm AEST :)

If you're new here this is our casual weekly catch up, let us know what has brought you to our forum.

What goals have you set yourself for the week? How did you go over the weekend?

Are there particular topics you'd like us to cover in future? Drop your suggestions below.
    0 x
    Jackattack19881

Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:46 pm

Hi all, Feeling as I do on the Monday after I slipped up over the weekend makes me realise how much I should treasure a clean optimistic start to every week.

Anxiety and shame is a horrible way to feel.
    0 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:14 pm

Hi @Jackattack19881 try not to be so hard on yourself. A lapse is a normal part of recovery, you know the saying "never give up giving up". Every day is a new start as the journey starts again every morning. Take it one day at a time and before you know it you'll be 3, 6, 9 months down without realising.

@TheDees @Keita @Starlee @Cloudy do you have any advice?
    0 x
    TheDees

Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:53 pm

Hi @Jackattack19881

Slip-ups are common. I'm sure it's not something you proud of, therefore the anxiety and the shame.

What do you think you can learn from this lapse? What could I have done differently? Try to see this as a learning opportunity. Very rare in life do we master a new skill overnight and stick to it.
    0 x

Return to “Community Talk”