Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Monday Meetup - Join us weekly!

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Re: Monday Meetup - Join us weekly!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Monday Meetup. Can you believe it's almost August :)

Checking in with you all to see how you are going after the weekend, how are you tracking with your goals?

Are you happy with your progress or what things could you improve on?

We also recently published a Q&A with Relationship Counsellor Jeremy, if you've had a chance to read it what are your thoughts on the topic? For anyone that missed it you can read it here.

For all our new members welcome, this is where we do our weekly chat feel free to join in we'll be live until 10pm AEST. Let us know a bit about yourself and perhaps a favourite hobby of yours.
    0 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:01 pm

Hi everyone, just like that another month is over and we're into August!

A warm welcome to all our new members, we'll be live until 10pm AEST tonight :)

It's certainly a strange time right now as some parts of Australia start to ease restrictions others are going into further lockdown.

Self-care is so important right now and being kind to one another.

What are some ways you are looking after yourself during this time?

How are you tracking on your recovery journey? We'd love to hear from you.
    0 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi there welcome to tonight's Monday Meetup :)

With many venues back open around Australia, how did you go on the weekend?

If you've been stuck at home, how are you coping and what is helping you keep on track?

Perhaps you've had a relapse, here is a blog with some tips on how to keep going and move on.

To those who are supporting a loved one through recovery we'd love to hear from you too.

Feel free to introduce yourself, share a bit of your story or ask a question, everyone is welcome.

0 x
    Ant.Jak

Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:18 pm

Hello,
    I’m new to this and am wondering if there is a session happening on a Monday 15/8?

Thanks
    AJ
    1 x
    Bear33

Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:32 pm

Hi AJ!

Welcome to the Monday Meetup forum- I believe there will be a session happening on Monday 17th August :)

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with

Bear33
    Forum Moderator
    1 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Monday Meetup. You know the drill, we'll be live until 10pm AEST but feel free to post later too if you've missed the time slot :)

Hello to all our new members and welcome. @Ant.Jak our session is definitely on thanks for reaching out, it'd be great to hear from you.

We'd love to know how your weekend went. How did you go with staying sober? What's helping you stay on track?

If you're new, perhaps you could share a bit about what has brought you to the forum?

If you're struggling with your recovery and need some support or tips please let us know, we're here for you.
    1 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Monday Meetup.

A warm welcome to our newest members, this is a place where we catch up weekly to chat and see how you are going :)

We'd love to hear your story and what has brought you to the forum.

What is helping you with your recovery and what supports do you have in place?

Perhaps you've read some of our blogs recently, which have you have found helpful?

Do let us know if there are specific topics you'd like us to cover also. Hope to hear from you.
    0 x
    Bamboo [facilitator]
    Community Manager

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi everyone welcome to tonight's Monday Meetup, we will be live until 10pm AEST.

Today is International Overdose Awareness Day. It is a time we remember those we have lost, raise awareness of overdose and an opportunity to discuss prevention. This year has proven particularly difficult with Covid19 restrictions but we are here to support each other.

For anyone new to the forum, welcome. This is where we meet weekly to check-in, a place where you can give us an update on how things are going and if there are any topics you'd like to discuss.

Hope to hear from you.

0 x
    Kate58

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:20 pm

Is this still on tonight ?
    1 x
    HelpfulBee
    Community Builder

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:00 pm

Hi Everyone! Happy Monday y'all!

Welcome to our Monday Meetup! We'll be live until 10pm AEST!

Firstly, a warm welcome to our newest members to the forums - every week we meet here on a Monday night to have a chat about your journey and everything else. We are very excited to have you on board.

Now I know it can be a bit tricky sometimes to post on a new forum, especially if you've never done it before, but please know this is a safe place filled with people going through a similar journey.

So, how are you going? What's been working? What do you want to do differently? What inspires you to make a change when it's difficult?

And, most importantly, what are you doing for self-care? What are you doing for you?!

Don't worry, if you're late to the Monday Meet-up, feel free to join and reply whenever you have a chance!
    0 x
    HelpfulBee
    Community Builder

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:15 pm

Kate58 wrote:
    Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:20 pm
    Is this still on tonight ?
    Hi @Kate58 ,

Monday meet up is certainly happening tonight! Join us!

@Kate58 @Mez28 @Mono @Ant.Jak @Rubbish @Fossilize @Dontknowatall @The fisherman @August041
    How are we all going tonight?
    0 x
    Kate58

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:19 pm

I am struggling it’s been a week of no grog and I am back in a alcohol free work place but I feel pretty awful that I got back from being away ten days and the flipping boss didn’t even say welcome back how are you . I know I should get over it but why do people not care and why the flip am I so sensitive. The thought of not having another drink ever is ludicrous and yet I am having esteem issues as well . I am sort of getting tired of this . I am going to
    Start going to gym tomorrow I so want to feel better
    0 x
    Kate58

Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:48 pm

How does this work ? I posted but no one out there ?
    0 x
    HelpfulBee
    Community Builder

Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:00 pm

Hi @Kate58 ,

Thanks for joining us tonight, your post was really insightful. It sounds like you've had a tough week. I love that you're coming up with no strategies to make the process easier. The gym is great because we get to release all of those endorphins! What other things do you like to do in your spare time? I'm so tempted at the moment to buy some rollerblades and try that - I haven't done it since the 90s though so I might be a bit rusting!

Just about our Monday Meet-ups - People tend to drop in throughout the 2 hour period on our Monday Meet-up (and sometimes afterwards as well), I'll be here the whole time, but I want to make sure that I give enough space four our amazing members to lead the discussion and to reply with their own thoughts. I hope this makes sense! :)
    0 x
    Kate58

Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:05 pm

@The fisherman do you actually fish ? I normally bring a travel
    Rod with me but didn’t this year but certainly will next to catch the elusive Barra :
    0 x

Return to “Community Talk”