Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation - Perth

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    Harmony123

Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation - Perth

Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:46 am

Hi everyone ;)

I’m a high functioning alcoholic, mother of three and have recently separated from my husband who I’m fairly sure has Narcissistic Personality Disorder. To say life has been a juggle, would be an underestimation.

Things are moving forward for the kids and I, and we are fine in a general sense. I own my home. I own my car. I have no debt or financial concerns. My health is good. I have beautiful friends and family. But... through the stress of the last two years dealing with an abusive husband, I have become a high functioning alcoholic.

I currently see a psychologist to help me with complex trauma issues, and this is going really well. I haven’t however touched on my alcohol dependency with her as yet.

I was wondering if there was a live-in rehab/detox facility for alcohol and drug dependency here in Perth which isn’t so, how do I put this without sounding judgemental .... yucky? I’m thinking an establishment which caters to those who are professional, employed & high functioning?

Also, would love to hear others’ impulse stories/experiences.

Thanks in advance.
    2 x
    Pinky

Re: Alcohol and Drug Rehabilitation - Perth

Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:18 am

Hi Harmony123, i'm one of the Moderators and wanted to welcome you to the Forums. I'm not sure about what is available in W.A as far as detox or rehab...but there is a number for Alcohol and drug Information services in WA on 1800198024 and i believe they are 24/7. I'm thinking they may have a list of the private ones as well as public. Just make sure they are accredited wherever you choose. Other members may have first hand experience so hopefully they will reply and chat about it. Also your GP or psychologist may be aware of some.

Cheers Pinky (Mod) :)
    1 x

Return to “Community Talk”