Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO MY PARTNER WHEN HE GETS URGES TO SMOKE ICE BUT IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH YET :-(.

The impact of ICE/Methamphetamine use can be significant and problematic. Join this forum to find support and conversations on changing ICE use and recovery.
    Venus4

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO MY PARTNER WHEN HE GETS URGES TO SMOKE ICE BUT IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH YET :-(.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:12 pm

This drug πŸ’Š is evil nothing but the devil 😈 is inside that πŸ’Š drug ice.
    But an addiction is an addiction and stop β›” start well I'm finding out is very common. I β›” stopped for 2-3 years I went cold 😷 Turkey πŸ¦ƒ and I did fine but when I got that taste 😝 again back in 2014-2015 it has been with me until August 2018 to December 2018 then my partner got on it again in January 2019 and I can't seem to piss it off πŸ“΄ I'm really struggling this time 😭.
    0 x
    Vik

Re: I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO MY PARTNER WHEN HE GETS URGES TO SMOKE ICE BUT IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH YET :-(.

Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Hi [mention]Venus4[/mention], welcome to the community and well done for reaching out!

I can hear you're really trying to make and maintain change. It's great that you were able to stop for 3 years in the past, that's something you must be really proud of. Maybe could you tell us some things that helped you during that time?
    0 x
    wiltedflower

Re: I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SAY NO TO MY PARTNER WHEN HE GETS URGES TO SMOKE ICE BUT IM NOT STRONG ENOUGH YET :-(.

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:23 am

Hi [mention]Venus4[/mention] ,

Thanks for your honesty. It's been a while since you posted, I'm wondering how you are going?
    Can you update us on what's been happening? :)
    1 x
    Strugglingmethaddict

Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:36 pm

yes how are you going with it? I've been ice free for approximately 20 weeks now , its been tough and basically had to do it all by myself, it must be tough with a partner that does it when your trying to quit but as ive learnt when it comes to this kind of thing one of the elements for success if leaving certain people behind.
    1 x
    Scamps

Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:34 pm

[mention]Strugglingmethaddict[/mention] , 20 weeks is so well done! That's a good amount of time and I hope it's getting easier for you. What came to mind for me in reading your post is that yes, you do need to leave some people behind, but it's also really helpful to connect with new people with whom you may have things in common, whether it is recovery or other interests which contribute to your well-being eg meditation, art/craft, music.... a whole world awaits you :)
    3 x
    Strugglingmethaddict

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:25 pm

Very true scramps , i took up a new sport an aviation sport something i always dreamed of but thought i would never do yes you are right a whole world does await
    2 x
    chenille

Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:26 am

Hey [mention]Strugglingmethaddict[/mention] ,

That's fantastic to hear you've taken up a new sport! It's always good to have a hobby to keep your mind focused. :D

Maybe if you feel up to it you can tell us about it?

I look forward to hearing about it! 8-)

Chenille
    1 x
    Strugglingmethaddict

Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:09 pm

chenille wrote: ↑
    Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:26 am
    Hey @Strugglingmethaddict ,

That's fantastic to hear you've taken up a new sport! It's always good to have a hobby to keep your mind focused. :D

Maybe if you feel up to it you can tell us about it?

I look forward to hearing about it! 8-)

Chenille
    Yes chenille flying a glider, it gives me something to focus on and work towards aswell as doing something i though i could never do, it makes me happy the more progress i make, i still struggle with some depression but i feel my chin up moving forward, i would hate to ever slip backwards after making all this progress so even more reason to be vigillant about making certain mistakes again.
    3 x
    chenille

Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:27 am

[mention]Strugglingmethaddict[/mention]

It can be hard sometimes when you feel yourself sliding, but it sounds like you're persevering and as you said keeping your chin up!

It's fantastic that you're aware when you might be slipping and are able to keep yourself going. That takes a lot of self awareness, so good on you!

Hopefully you're able to get out and fly the glider a bit more on these nice sunny days we're having! :D
    0 x
    Calvino01
    Community Builder

Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:51 pm

Hello there [mention]Strugglingmethaddict[/mention]
    We haven't heard from you in a while. How have things been going for you this past month? Anything you need support with?
    0 x
    Strugglingmethaddict

Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:16 pm

calvino01 things havnt been great , i have gone backwards and it really has me down
    0 x
    V2Shneider

Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:50 pm

Hi [mention]Strugglingmethaddict[/mention]

Sounds like it's been a rough time and you've taken some steps backward.

Lapses and relapses happen to most people along the journey. You are not alone. The trick is to learn from them.

But you've also had some major successes along the way too. What are some things that have helped you in the past to get on track?

What do you think you need to be able to hit the reset button?
    0 x
    tacocat
    Community Builder

Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:39 pm

Hey [mention]Strugglingmethaddict[/mention]

Sorry to hear things haven't been going well. We hope to see you back here too for some more support.

Take care.
    0 x
    Zephyr

Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:59 pm

Hi @Venus4,

Sounds like it's been a bit tough for you lately and that maybe you are unsure as to what it may take to have confidence to move forward again?

Don't be too hard on yourself, just remember though that lapses and relapses are all a normal part of the process!! You have done this before which means you can do it again!! :D

What helped you to turn the corner last time?
    0 x

Return to β€œIce”