Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • Reflections

This is a space visited by peer workers who have a lived experience of addiction and recovery and is an opportunity to relate to and draw hope from those who have been through similar things as you.
    PnorkelPW
    Peer Worker

Re: Reflections

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:10 pm

Great stuff @BonsaiBeginner ...............so good to hear that you've reached out for the extra support and just keep doing whatever is working for you

Good luck for this weekend
    1 x
    apples123

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:34 pm

I have seen all the Fb posts and emails at work about RU OK day? & asking R U really ok?

I was asked this by a few people today and I said yes....

But I'm not.. im not ok. Really not ok. I don't have words for why I don't feel ok. I don't know what to say. I feel blah... meh...

I know I should be happy for being 4 weeks off weed and 2years and 3 weeks off meth, I'm back on my antidepressants which are helping my anger. I'm not sad, or crying, im not angry either. I have done so much self care of the last 2 weeks, I sat outside in sun and grounded myself, I even had a relaxing bath but still I'm feeling meh... I just feel yuk... I shrug my shoulders and just say im fine.
    So my answer to R u ok is? Mmmm I don't know...

I don't feel anything. 😕
    1 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:54 pm

@apples123 Thank you for being so open in this space. Feeling nothing often feels worse than being overwhelmed by emotions. At least when you are overwhelmed by emotions you have some sense of them and can name them for what they are, but that empty feeling is just so incredibly hard to manage.

It sounds like you are being wonderful to yourself, which is important ad I would encourage you keep that up.

Is this feeling something you have experienced in the past?
    0 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:24 am

heya @apples123 I just wanted to check in and see how you were travelling today?

@BonsaiBeginner how have you been?
    0 x
    apples123

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:41 am

I am pretty much the same today - well i am frustrated with work but that's another story - so at least I am feeling something, but still feeling flat.
    0 x
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear that work is frustrating at the moment, and that you are still feeling flat. what techniques do you normally turn to to help lift your mood?
    0 x
    BonsaiBeginner

Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:52 pm

@Lhiver thanks for checking in on me :). I am starting to feel better. I had a few nice days over the weekend. Friday night yoga Zoom helped me resist a drink on Friday. I was quite low Saturday morning but middle daughter I went for a lovely coastal walk and a swim which gave me a big boost. We also had a family virtual drink, and I stuck to the soda water. So Sunday was hangover free and hubby and I did a 12km walk. I am pleased I stayed sober again all weekend. I was a little down this morning and my digestion is adjusting to my antidepressants but I didn't start crying when had to sit down at my desk and work and I'm starting to wake up feeling rested. So doing better!
    2 x

Return to “Peers for Peers”