Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.

Join us Mondays at 8pm - 10pm AEST for Monday Meetup.

Your posts will automatically appear live on the forum.
  • World Book and Copyright Day!

A place for community rundowns, special events and announcements from Counselling Online forums facilitation team.
    TheDees

World Book and Copyright Day!

Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:58 pm

Hey folks!

Friday the 23rd is World Book and copyright day, so to celebrate why not share a few of our favourite books! Reading is a great way to keep yourself busy and keep your mind off any urges or cravings. Whether you’re journeying off into a fantastical world with new friends, getting to grips with some major historical events or maybe you’ve got a book that has really helped on your recovery journey, we’d love everyone to share some of their best-loved titles.

To kick things off, I’ll share a couple of my favourites.

I’ve just finished The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith. It is a touching story of art, loss, crime and connection which takes you on a whirlwind journey from the Dutch Golden Age to early 2000s Sydney. You’ll find yourself finishing it faster than you thought and wishing you could jump right back in!

A slightly more serious but incredibly good read is Milkman by Anna Burns. Set in the 70s during the Northern Irish Troubles, Milkman dives into the complex and, at times, dangerous terrain of life during sectarian issues. The writing is so beautiful you could easily forget the difficult subject matter and easily get caught up in Burns’ almost poetic storytelling.

Hopefully one of these sparks some interest! It would be fantastic to hear what everyone is reading. You never know, maybe someone's recommendation will become your new favourite!

:D

1 x
    teapot

Re: World Book and Copyright Day!

Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:27 am

I love You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay, I must have read it ten times :D
    3 x

Return to “Community Talk”