Welcome to our online peer support community. Connect with others making change in their alcohol and other drug use. Join our online community today.
  • Connect, be inspired, motivate others. Share your experience & strategies.
  • Safe. Anonymous. Professionally moderated. Free of judgement.
  • Monthly Wrap Up - August 2021

Join our community rundowns, special events and announcements from the Counselling Online Team.
    Lhiver
    Community Builder

Monthly Wrap Up - August 2021

Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:01 pm

August Monthly Wrap Up

Hey everyone! Another month has come to its end, we’re now officially in the second half of 2021, which is something.

This month has been a difficult one for many of us, with lock downs and continued restrictions, however the support and compassion we’ve seen across the forum has been so uplifting! I want to give a massive shout out to our new members! Reaching out and joining a community for support is a really fantastic step, and we all look forward to seeing you around the threads!

I also want to give a special mention to our top contributors for this month @UltraViolet , @WildeReformed, @initae89, @apples123, @OceanSky and @BonsaiBeginner ! You guys have provided so much insight and been amazing contributors in the forums!

I also want to make a special mention to @Alvarosyd , who has now hit 4 months sober! This is such a wonderful achievement, the hard work you’ve put in is really showing. I know I can speak for myself and Peace Dove when I say it has been a privilege to see your journey and we are so thankful for the positivity, honesty and encouragement you have shared in the forum!

Quote of the month

“How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time”

This quote was shared by @initae89 and I think it sums up the approach we encourage towards recovery! Slow and steady wins the race, or in this case, eats the elephant. It is so important to keep in mind that recovery is a constant journey, and take it at your own pace, one day at a time.

What’s happening next month?

Monday Meetup
    Thursday Check-in - tips for staying sober on the weekend

● Saturdays
    Turning the negative into positive
    3 things to look forward to

● Sundays
    Share an inspiring or motivating quote
    3 things to be grateful for

Every fortnight
    Trivia

3 x